Hazing after applying rejex

Kblock108

Hey guys, did a complete detail today. Included haze remover from adams and rejex wax, all turned out well. Except, one of the slide outs had some slight haze. Looked like left over wax. I sprayed some quick detailer to clean it up, hazed even more. Applied more rejex and it hazed even more. So I thought I would just start over with haze then wax, still a no go. Attached it some pics, can someone help me out? It bugs me...
u4u5arub.jpg
gynyrata.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Did it have any haze when you started?
You might try some polishing compound in a small area.

Peace
Dave

alex00

Is it warm enough and are you letting it dry long enough before trying to buff it off? Outside of stripping it all of and or hitting it with a DA polisher, I'm at a loss.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I get the same look if I use Rejex . If you don't follow the directions exact as far as temps and sun ,the haze never wants to come off. I know a lot of folks swear by it but I don't like it ,will stick with using Nufinish

Lynn1130

Rejex instructions say that it should not be applied to hot surfaces and/or in direct sunlight with temps over 85. That can be a problem in the SW, including parts of California as direct sunlight on a surface with the outside temps at 70 can mean surface temps near 90. Was the rig in the shade and the surface was too cool? The point of all of that is that I try to be aware of the time of day that I apply and outside temps. I can't say whether any of this had anything to do with your issues. Another issue could be the surface itself. Does it have any oxidation?

One note on the Rejex Web page mentions deicing boots on aircraft. It says that if the boots are older and weathered that they develop pores that traps Rejex and causes hazing.

Here is another thought and one that someone else suggested on a hazing thread related to Rejex. Call their customer service and talk with them about the problem. They are sure to have more professional insight than you will find here, not that we are not experts :)

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
This might sound kind of ignorant on my behalf but have you changed your polishing rag? Sometimes I find the same issue and start using a new rag and it cleans the haze off. I have used REJEX for years and really happy with product.

Kblock108

Thanks guys, I think I will call rejex. The rest if the rig turned out great, I'm at a loss. I stripped the area, used bar cleaner and Notta. Still hazed, if nothing I'm gonna go with meguiars d151 which I heard awesome things about

sjs731

This might sound kind of ignorant on my behalf but have you changed your polishing rag? Sometimes I find the same issue and start using a new rag and it cleans the haze off. I have used REJEX for years and really happy with product.

X2 on this. Clean rags are key to getting it off. It also has to be dry or it is harder to get off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

Kblock108

I ended up cleaning it with tsp, used some barkeepers friend. Rinsed, then I used the turtle wax liquid clay. I used a buffer for the application and it turned out pretty good. I then applied some liquid wax. Wiped it off and it looks as good as the rest of the rig. I'll see if it changes over night, but I may end up calling rejex anyhow just to double check the rig won't turn pink or anything

yport

For our new Big Horn I was concerned about how to keep the new partial paint siding looking as great as it did on delivery. I contacted the Big Horn GM who was great in supplying a helpful information sheet from their paint factory on the exterior maintenance of our coach. Wash with Blue Dawn liquid detergent - do not use the typical car wash and wax products. As for waxing they recommended 4 brands of spray on wax .... and gave lots of other good care instructions. I couldn't figure out how to post it here ... so if someone can post it for all to see whenever needed I will send the PDF file to you. I don't see an "attach file" icon here.

danemayer

I contacted the Big Horn GM who was great in supplying a helpful information sheet from their paint factory on the exterior maintenance of our coach.
Here's the file that Glenn received. It's also been posted to the manuals section of the forum, in the Exterior subsection.

Attachments

• RV Care Instructions 2012.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 113

Lynn1130

I called the company today because I had some Rejex that had a Dec 2012 expiration date and they gave me the following information.

Rejex does have a shelf life and if it is too old or looks like curdled milk it is going to go on too thick and be difficult to get off. It will leave a hazed look. It is still useable but it may be a lot of work getting it to shine up from the thick application.