954.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_0968.jpg
    100_0968.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 301
  • 100_0954.jpg
    100_0954.jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 306

GrumpyOneandTwo

Thank You.....We sure like it's a Heartland!.....We're already doing research on our next Heartland.....in a year or two......will probably go BH or BC...

GrumpyOneandTwo

Here's a few new pictures.....

Attachments

• 100_0995.jpg
    100_0995.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 100_0996.jpg
    100_0996.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_0997.jpg
    100_0997.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 205

1_oldgoat

Looks great, how do you keep her so clean!! Mine needs a bath bad after towing through snow and rain, i think i'll wait until i get it back from the dealership since some outside trim needs worked on. These are a beautifful rig arent they!! We are so happy with ours, i need to build a covered site here for mine after seeing how you are set up, did you build that yourself?? The only thing i worry about with a covered carport is wind and snow loads, they can both cause problems here.

GrumpyOneandTwo

Thanks, the Gateway really is a great looking RV. I didn't actually build the shed myself, I hired two others and I helped!!!! I got too old to tackle that big of a project!!!!!!!

1_oldgoat

Looks great, can't believe you have green grass already! Still have a little snow here but so little the past few years we are in for a tough summer if we don't get a little more moisture. Thats a different model than ours with the big single back window, does yours have the side entertainment and movable island?? We looked at 3 or 4 different models and ended up with the rear entertainment, the wife liked it with a little more counter in the kitchen, don't know why she liked it since i cook most of the time!! They were all beautiful, no matter what model i don't think any of them would be a wrong choice for someone wanting a new high end fifth wheel, so many standard options compared to the BH and BC, we looked at them all and the Gateway was by far the better choice for us at least. We had been trading off or past bumper pulls every 4-5 yrs but i think this will last a lot longer than our old units just from the build quality alone. I found some JT strong arm stabilizers i am going to pick up when i take ours in next week, if they work well i'll let you know.

GrumpyOneandTwo

Thanks, the shed cost me around 4700. But I think it was worth it. Yes, our grass is getting green. A few more warm nights and I'll have to mow it sometime in March!!!!!! I do have the side entertainment and the moveable island. I will never have another moveable island. It is a PITA!!! I really liked the Gateway from the first time I saw it. BUT, I wished I had studied that moveable island a lot more. I probably would have taken the rear entertainment like yours!!!!! That is the only regret I have about the Gateway. The trim, fixtures, bathroom and STORAGE is awesome!!!! I think you will love the JT strong arms. I saw them on another brand when we were in the hunt for this RV. They sure took the movement out of that unit! Let me know what you think about them.

Mike

GatorDawg

We purchased our new 3500RE this week and that shed is just what I need for it. I have been searching for ideas and it appears you made the right choice. Do you have any regrets to your shed build now that its been up for awhile?

GrumpyOneandTwo

No Sir GatorDawg,

It is 40x14x14. My 3200 rs is 39' from hitch to spare tire. And I would do it again if a hurricane took mine out!

You will love your 3500! I wish we would have gotten the rear entertainment and a king bed.

Welcome to the Heartland and Gateway family!

Mike

JanAndBill

Hey Mike.

Nice looking shed and of course RV. We've always kept our RV's under cover while at home. The Alabama sun in summer can be brutal. We had ours built 16' wide x 40' long with a 14' eve. I wanted to be able to put out the slides and to be able to access the top (sort of) while still under the cover. The cover carries a 110 mph wind rating, but I've since put in knee braces since I had the height. Really sweated it 2 weeks ago when that F3 tornado came within 4 miles of us. I ran electric in condut for the lights and 50 amp service. Still need water and sewer hookup. Hope to see you again at another rally!

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Bill,
Thanks. I can get on the roof but not with the RV ladder. I only have 6" between the top of the ladder and the cross member. Oh, and be sure to clear the joists before raising your head! I have 30 amp power and can run water to it. I have a sewer clean out plug for the house that I could reach but I would have to move the camper to it. I can open the slides but I have to park it exactly straight and on the marks I painted on the floor. But, I really like the protection the shed offers.

It was a pleasure meeting you and Jan at the rally. After we get our great grand daughter born and get her good and spoiled we will try for another rally maybe in the fall. Hopefully we can see you there also.

We thought about our Heartland friends in north Alabama and Mississippi when the storms came through. Glad everyone made it through it ok.

Mike