Newbie from Georgia

jjboyz

Hello all,
New to the world of RVs and just wanted to say hello and show respect for this site. Looking at buying a Torque and wanted to learn all I can before making that purchase. Any input would be great.

danemayer

Hi jjboyz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to find information and there's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here who are quick to reach out with answers when you have questions.

There have been many positive comments about the Torque models and I'm sure you'll hear from some Torque owners shortly.

ATLJOHN

Hi Jjboyz
Welcome. I have a Bighorn cannot help with any info regarding the Torque. I am sure many of our Heartland members will jump in with experience with their Torgue.
One think I can confirm is that Heartland offers some very good quality RV's. We are going to the Georgia Heartland Owners Rally in Brunswick GA in Mar so hopefully you will have purchased you camper and would like to join us.

HornedToad

I think the Torque toy hauler is a great value because most of the major components are the same as Heartlands high end line. To compare you need to learn about the differences that allow the lower price point.

The Torque has a lower height which cuts cost all the way round. With the lower roof/ceiling the Torque models do not offer a sleeping loft, but since they have the same suspension/chassis/GVWR as the other lines, a lower dry weight equals a higher CCC.

A lot of the finish is the same, solid surface counters, cabinetry, flooring and the furniture package is comparable. You will find other items were the Torque has just the basics… two piece shower, blinds, thumb latch baggage doors, 7 ft ramp door. And a few features standard on the high end line that Torque does not offer… a ladder, dual awnings, grill quick connect, fantastic fans.

The new Torque 380 has many of the high end features and I see a trend of Heartland upgrading the line.

jjboyz

Thanks so much, I feel welcomed already. Since I'm new to this rving thing I thought I better ask the experts. Thanks for the info.

jjboyz

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, I'm sure I will gain not only knowledge but a few good friends in the process. All information on the Torque 325 will be helpful.

HornedToad

The second bath on the Torque 325 can be a must have feature if you’ll be camping with a crowd.

We have four grown daughters who will meet us out on the road and in the fall we’ll have several friends join us on gameday for tailgate parties.
My wife wants to upgrade into a two bath model to accommodate our guest.

You’ll find other post on the forum where some couples admit they wind up using the second bath just for storage.

You are smart to take your time to do some research before you select a trailer.
The internet is a great tool to see what is out there but it cannot replace a visit to the dealer to sit on the sofa and kick the tires.
Whatever model you choose I’m sure you’ll enjoy the RV lifestyle!!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't know about your tailgate spot but at mine the ladies can use inside but men have to go to porta potty. I pay for it so I can use it. Other than that sorry. Lol. After the game two of the guys that share in costs can go inside to potty as by then the porta potties are hazardous. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I go to the effort/expense of owning/hauling a trailer... so I don't have to use the porta potti!!!

I prefer familiar porcelain and facilities with hot soapy water.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

I go to the effort/expense of owning/hauling a trailer... so I don't have to use the porta potti!!!

I prefer familiar porcelain and facilities with hot soapy water.

Me too. I am talking about the other guys. My DW complains enough about cleaning up after me not gonna ask her to clean up after bunch other guys. Lol. What really gets me is the complete strangers asking to use my toilet. Not no but **** NO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk