Houston RV Show

KRCyclone

I saw the new Cyclone 4200 today and really like the side patio. The 4200 is a nice rig but don't think I would want one. That thing takes quite a bit of area to set up.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We checked it out today too. Nice but we don't have toys so not for us. Neat though.

Ran into Brian W and enjoyed visiting with him and finally putting a face with the name/voice. Thanked him again for making my wife happy with the back of the couch in our BC.

We did notice something today though that we meant to ask him about and forgot. We noticed that on the HL coaches that had carpet removed up to flush floor slide went all the way up to the slide opening instead of having the standard 2-3 inches in front of slide then the Lino. This makes a nicer look but were also told that this was not possible due to the flush floor slide, well it apparently possible as HL has done it. Oh well maybe we will get it on next one.

Overall only thing I thing that could possibly get us out of our BC would be a similar landmark but that is out of question for time being. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jo9463

One thing I noticed in a SOB fifth wheel was a tankless water heater. I thought it was really neat idea until I found out it ran on propane. Sorry, we go through enough propane with cooking and heating the trailer. Don't want to add something else that relies on propane.

KRCyclone

We checked it out today too. Nice but we don't have toys so not for us. Neat though.

Ran into Brian W and enjoyed visiting with him and finally putting a face with the name/voice. Thanked him again for making my wife happy with the back of the couch in our BC.

We did notice something today though that we meant to ask him about and forgot. We noticed that on the HL coaches that had carpet removed up to flush floor slide went all the way up to the slide opening instead of having the standard 2-3 inches in front of slide then the Lino. This makes a nicer look but were also told that this was not possible due to the flush floor slide, well it apparently possible as HL has done it. Oh well maybe we will get it on next one.

Overall only thing I thing that could possibly get us out of our BC would be a similar landmark but that is out of question for time being. Lol

We did see a few SOB's with no carpet. With the two long haired critters we have it would be much easier to keep clean. Thinking maybe a future upgrade would be replacing the carpet on the stairs and bedroom with linoleum. Not sure about how to do the sofa/slide section just yet.

jassson007

We did order the max Lino in the BC and that got rid of carpet downstairs. I was talking about last 3 inches that we have always been told could not be taken out, well apparently it can. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
One thing I noticed in a SOB fifth wheel was a tankless water heater. I thought it was really neat idea until I found out it ran on propane. Sorry, we go through enough propane with cooking and heating the trailer. Don't want to add something else that relies on propane.

Not to hijack the thread, but I read on other forums that the tankless water heaters have lots of issues... Many of them seem to be water pressure-related.

jassson007

Yeah that's it. Makes for a cleaner look or at least to us it does.

Went down to the 2015 show today and looked at some possible full time rigs for down the road in a few years.... planning the ESCAPE!

Comments:
I looked at Big Country and Landmark. I like both.

Specifically - I like the Key West Landmark and the BC3900FLP. The model at the show does not have the drop down patio... but if I went with one, I would order it that way.

While I liked the bling bling and elegant feel of the Key West. The Front Living on the BC won me over. There are two slides with couches, then the recliners that face the large TV. I could see myself in there rooting for the Cowboys for sure. Just wonder how the floor would do when I start jumping up and down?

Another feature of the BC that I liked. The elevated the bed in the back so there is two pass through storage compartments on the back of the trailer. For someone thinking about going nomad... this is a great feature.

Heartland has improved two key features in each of these trailers:
The awning LED lights are now at the base of the awning where it meets the trailer and not out on the roller. I think this was a very good move. One that I bet lets you leave a subtle night light on for when you are out after dark without illuminating the trailer next door.

The next is the spare... while I have never, and hope to never, have to access it. It is now on a slide mechanism that seems much more accessible.

The only SOBs that I looked at were Open Ranges. I had one just before my Cyclone and liked it, so I wanted to see what updates they have made.

Anyone else get down to the RV show yet?

jassson007

Not sure what you talking about as far as a awning lights go as my '14 BC has the LEDs up by the trailer and not out on the tube.

We are headed to the show in the morning. We like to look at the new stuff. Lol

jassson007

Well just made it home from this show once again. DW and I were talking while there and realized we have been to this show every year for 9 years. Time flies but we sure as heck don't look at everything like we used too.

Ran into David Willis of BH and Oakmont and spoke to him for a little while. Then ran into Joel who took Brian W place over BC. We both had forgotten that we had met in Urbanna. Joel said he would help us with a couple mods we want to do on our BC when we get to Goshen this summer. One of which is changing out the carpet for the plastic flooring in the basement another item that is not ready to be released yet but will be soon. ;). We also talked to a DRV rep and he was extremely excited about partnering with HL and Thor. He also invited anyone going to be at pre rally to go up to DRV plant and take a tour tues or wed. We also spent awhile visiting with Tom and Marti Mangum (s tx chapter leaders) discussing everything under the sun and all things Heartland. Both of us had visited with a few people and talked about units and the club. In fact I spoke with a guy from Ft Worth who knew nothing about owner clubs and said he would check out the forum when he got home.

As far as units go, we spent a lot of time in the front bath Bighorn and the Keywest and Newport. If money were not an option I think we "might" consider the Newport but it is a huge factor right now for us. We both like the Bighorn front bath model though and could see it as a possible upgrade down the road. Heartland was well represented though. In fact in speaking with Joe French, did not realize how young he was, he said that he had to ask for a favor to get the two landmarks he had there. Btw if you are in the Houston area give Ron Hoover a shot at your business.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the plug for Ron Hoover in Houston Andy. He has been hugely supportive of our south Texas rallies.

jassson007

Thanks for the plug for Ron Hoover in Houston Andy. He has been hugely supportive of our south Texas rallies.

Jay you should have heard the stories he was telling about you. Lol. Just kidding. I told him I had heard a lot about him and he got scared then I told him it was all from you and Tom and he said whew, was not sure what I had heard. Lol. Very nice guy to visit with.

Btw I heard about two new dealers near is in La. First Gauthier in Lafayette right off I 10 will be a Bighorn dealer along with another line can't remember which and Dixie RV from Hammond is opening a branch office in Lafayette somewhere, they are a Big Country and Cyclone rep. I hope this means we can get some dealer support like S Texas gets with Ron Hoover.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
David Willis is a regional rep for Heartland, not a Brand GM, and he's a great guy. We see him and talk to him at the Dallas and Ft. Worth shows. He's even given us a tour of the plant when we were in Elkhart getting work done on our rig.

jbeletti

Sounds like the show was a lot of fun! Thank you club leadership, club members and product owners for checking things out at the show and talking to our GMs, Reps and dealers.

jassson007

David Willis is a regional rep for Heartland, not a Brand GM, and he's a great guy. We see him and talk to him at the Dallas and Ft. Worth shows. He's even given us a tour of the plant when we were in Elkhart getting work done on our rig.

Hey Erica I didn't say he was. He is sales rep for the BH and Oakmont lines.

jassson007

Sounds like the show was a lot of fun! Thank you club leadership, club members and product owners for checking things out at the show and talking to our GMs, Reps and dealers.

Yes we did. Always interesting to see how things are going and fun to talk about things we like b