Cleaning products

wingerbls

Hello all,

New to RVing and new to this forum. We are the proud owners of a new (to us) Sundance XLT, and are wondering if we need any special cleaning products for the interior (stove, sinks, toilet, etc.) other than normal household cleaners. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Brian

danemayer

Hi wingerbls,

Congratulations on your new-to-you Sundance and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get information and help and I'm sure you'll get some recommendations from other owners shortly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I seem to recall reading a recommendation for the shower enclosure to use Fantastik. So, I use it for all my bathroom cleaning. I use Windex on mirrors and glass. We have a glass top stove with three burners that stick out above it. I use Windex or 409 to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guyc66

I remember reading somewhere that you should avoid harsh chemicals when cleaning RV toilets because they can damage the rubber seals, but I don't know if this is fact based or opinion.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I used Clorox Toilet wand on toilet, Scrubbing bubbles on the shower and I have white sinks so I fill it up with water and put a little bleach in it cleans the sink and the drain and even the sewer hose. I have been doing this for 7 years now with no troubles. Good luck lots of ways to clean..

I always thought that common household products were too harsh for use in an RV. I have spent the extra money at RV stores for cleaning products. However, I'm not fond of these because they have strange ingredients and do not seem to clean as well. Will using common household products void the warranty on the RV? We have a new 2014 Big Horn and I don't want to do anything to damage it.

jimtoo

Hi VictorNAngie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We use the same products in the Bighorn that we use in the house. The only thing that might be different is the potty paper,,, just find one that dissolves, breaks down, quickly and your good to go. :)

Enjoy the forum and your new Bighorn.

Jim M

priorguy

My shower stall has a sticker that if I recall says not to use ammonia containing cleaners. They could discolour the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk