Sundance 3600qb where are the specs?

rjf199

Got a brand new 2014 Gmc Sierra 2500 D/A 4x4 CC looking at the Sundance 3600qb. Haven't seen the specs for this unit listed but the wife and I are really interested in this unit. My truck has the Wrangler LT265/60 R20 inch tires that have a sticker on inside of cab that rates payload at 2440. My max payload is listed at 3069 per Gmc web site. Im wondering when it is all set and done can I come in under or right at weights appropriate for my truck. GCWR is 24500 with max trailer at 15800. Any input is appreciated thanks

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
What is the Model of your Silverado congrats on your purchase

Thanks.....it is the 32TS. 2weeks old. We love it.

Good luck to you on your up coming purchase. What ever you get just check it over good top to bottom. Read all these forums and ask questions. Their is a great bunch of people on here.

danemayer

Got a brand new 2014 Gmc Sierra 2500 D/A 4x4 CC looking at the Sundance 3600qb. Haven't seen the specs for this unit listed but the wife and I are really interested in this unit. My truck has the Wrangler LT265/60 R20 inch tires that have a sticker on inside of cab that rates payload at 2440. My max payload is listed at 3069 per Gmc web site. Im wondering when it is all set and done can I come in under or right at weights appropriate for my truck. GCWR is 24500 with max trailer at 15800. Any input is appreciated thanks
Hi rjf199,

Based on the Sundance GVWR of 13,850, if you load it up, you should plan on a pin weight of as much as 2750 (about 20%). That 2750 will sit on your truck's rear axle consuming the truck's payload spec. You also have to consider other payload items such as weight of the hitch, bed lining, bed cover, tools, passengers, pets, and anything else that goes in the truck. You're probably going to be over the payload spec.

Even though you may be over the spec, a lot of people tow heavier 5th wheels with 2500s and report no problems. If the truck squats under the weight of the trailer, you may have to look into airbags or other corrective actions. And if the tires are rated for a payload of 2440, you may want to see if you can find tires with greater payload capacity.