Bottled Water left in Camper

I just remembered that I think I left some bottled water in the fridge and under the counter in the kitchen. We planned on camping in late fall but those plans fell through so I had it winterized by the dealership and forgot about the water until now in this frigid weather.

Hopefully the the bottles didn't crack and then leak water out?????

worried about this.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have left bottle water in ours in temps way below freezing and it won't freeze as long as the bottle has not been opened. I have left bottle water on our front porch with temp in the teens just to see if it would freeze and it did not. But when I opened one it froze within a few seconds. Don't think you have anything to worry about.

olcoon

Don't know why, but "sometimes" they will burst when they freeze don't know if it needs to be single digits or what. But I've seen the same thing as bsummit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Do that with a bottle of beer and it turns into a "beersickle" when you open it.

danemayer

I've repeatedly frozen gallon bottles of water to keep food in coolers. Out of 6 bottles, I think one developed a leak after a couple of weeks of daily freezing, thawing, and refreezing.

ILH

If you're talking about the single serve plastic bottles, they freeze without incident. Don't worry about it. We always have one or two frozen in the car during the winter...

That is what I'm talking about. I'm going there later this morning to get them out although I'm afraid to open the slides I case they have frozen water in them so I'll try and do it without

Westwind

Try to get to them without opening the slides, I would worry more about the cold bothering your slide gaskets. Hopefully you can get to the water without opening them. Good Luck.

wrgrs50s

The water can freeze in the plastic bottles and expand without bursting, unlike a glass bottle or can. However, if it makes you sleep better, remove them and remove all doubt.

All the water was in the fridge. Some bottles were frozen and cracked and others were all liquid. Nothing major. A few little ice spots on the plastic inside the fridge I broke loose with my fingers and threw outside. All done without opening slides.