extended warranty?? after 5 yrs??

aatauses

Hi everyone,
Our 2010 (bought in 2009) BH's extended warranty will expire in 2/2014. What are the pros/cons to repurchase another extended warranty?? We have never used it on the first 5 years, but starting to wonder how long appliances will go without any problems?? (We have kept up with all maintenance)
Appreciate all opinions.
al
currently in Surprise, AZ

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hi everyone,
Our 2010 (bought in 2009) BH's extended warranty will expire in 2/2014. What are the pros/cons to repurchase another extended warranty?? We have never used it on the first 5 years, but starting to wonder how long appliances will go without any problems?? (We have kept up with all maintenance)
Appreciate all opinions.
al
currently in Surprise, AZ

Mine expired last October, and as I mentioned in a related post, we never used it. I've decided that we'll just "self insure."

Paul & Nan

We have had the GS ESP for 4 years on our 09 BH bought in 08 and it has more than paid for itself. Water heater, springs, wheel and hub problems, etc. Guess it just depends, but then it always does with any warranty, either you buy it and are glad or not.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check on the extended warranty as some will give you a partial refund if you went the length of the contract without using it.

Niles

We've always felt a extended warranty was a gamble. Price of the warranty vs what actually goes wrong. We've been very lucky and had very few problems with our BH, and what issues we've had Heartland has stepped up and took care of. However it is peace of mind if you do get one. And there has been times that would of been priceless. Anyone that might be looking at a new trailer in the Indiana area might want to look at Modern Trailer in Anderson, IN. They are offering a lifetime extended warranty on their trailers, this is where we purchased our BH and they have and continue to earn our loyalty though their service and people. Sorry if this sounds like a advertisment, but lifetime warranty is something to think about when purchasing something this large.