Looking to buy first heartland

hi all new to the forum my name is Tim, I'm looking at a 2010 North Trail 28 Brs. does anybody own one of these have any input to that might help me to make my decisions Plus also any specs I'd like to know how long this thing Is,tank capacities so on any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

hi thank you for the quick reply does that cover the 2010 model also I was thinking now was for like the newer series 13th and 14th alright just inquisitive looking to buy might buy it today don't know thank you

danemayer

hi thank you for the quick reply does that cover the 2010 model also I was thinking now was for like the newer series 13th and 14th alright just inquisitive looking to buy might buy it today don't know thank you

The major specs probably haven't changed. Heartland does make changes from model year to model year, and sometimes mid-year, but the main design elements like length, tank capacity, GVWR aren't likely to change. When those things change, there's typically a new model # assigned.

If you locate a particular trailer that you're interested in buying, and still aren't sure, you could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have the VIN # ready. They should be able to answer your questions about that particular trailer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If buying used, make sure to do a good pre-delivery inspection. You can find a PDI form on this forum. Check for good caulking, ask for a complete recaulk if the caulking looks bad. Check for water damage inside and out, especially around the front cap and slide floors. Insist on new tires. If they are TowMax, those tires may be prone to defects. Look at the axles and springs, check for upwards arch on the axles and that the springs have no sag. HL doesn't honor warranty for 2nd owner, so be sure there are no issues.

You can't go wrong with a Heartland. These suggestions are based on what I've seen posted with possible areas of concern on the forum, but overall the HL North Trail is a good product! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
In addition to caulk, I would suggest closely inspecting the slide out roof, specifically any seams. It is an area that is easy to overlook.

In addition to caulk, I would suggest closely inspecting the slide out roof, specifically any seams. It is an area that is easy to overlook.
hi, appreciate all the reply's I did check all those thing out already but the tires are shot do not now brand but private seller dropped money for tires so both of us are happy . I am a mechanic by trade so kinda of know what to look for thanks , we will see today hopefully if I am a proud owner or not . Tim.

p.s. this year does not show up in nada at all 2010 28brs. kind of odd.

priorguy

I have a 2011 28BRS built in 2010. If you have questions I might know the answer. There was a couple of changes in 2012 that you'll see on the website now. Watch the weight as the brochure says about 5100 pounds but my loaded Caliber edition left the factory almost 6000 pounds. Check the yellow sticker in the door for the actual weight.

We love it after one summer of weekend use seasonally parked. Floor plan works well for our situation and tow vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well. the banker called me this afternoon and we sign papers tomorrow so I'll be a proud owner of a 2010 made in 2009 North Trail yIppe! only issue I see as its like 7 Above here in IowaI will also check that sticker I'm not too worried my truck will pull 10700 Thanks Appreciate your input.

HornedToad

My last SOB TT was basically the same floor plan. I really liked the TV you could flip between the bedroom and den. Mine did not have a tank flush, but with the second bathroom door it was easy to flush with the garden hose. I did have to rig a shade for the bath window because at night you could see the shadows from the outside too clearly.

Enjoy your new to you trailer!!!

jbeletti

Congrats on your NT purchase and welcome to the Heartland family. Time to join the Iowa chapter of the Heartland Owners Club now and join us at the IA rally and then the Central Region Rally!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Nice!

Front and back entrance doors was one of the biggies that made up our minds about our Heartland Trail Runner!

Ours also has the rear kitchen, which was the other biggie.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours!

Ohh . . . almost forgot . . . GO BRONCOS!

Attachments

• CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg
    CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg
    CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 26
  • CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 25

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
well. the banker called me this afternoon and we sign papers tomorrow so I'll be a proud owner of a 2010 made in 2009 North Trail yIppe! only issue I see as its like 7 Above here in IowaI will also check that sticker I'm not too worried my truck will pull 10700 Thanks Appreciate your input.

Don't let the cold weather stop you too much. I will have my North trail out as soon as I can in March. Last year, I had it out the first weekend in March. I like to take it out of storage when the daytime highs are around 40 or above for regular camping.

Yes I do have to remember that this is 0 degree rated camper travel trailer not my old pop up to play 60 degree rated

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Yes I do have to remember that this is 0 degree rated camper travel trailer not my old pop up to play 60 degree rated

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Keep in mind that the 0 degree statement is about comfort - being able to maintain comfortable temps inside the coach. It's not a statement about water systems. You have to do extra things if you want running water in subfreezing temps.

Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide for info on how to keep the water running.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Now that you an official heartland owner. Check out the owners club //heartlandowners.org/content.php/128-heartland-owners-club-portal
You may be able to get an introductory membership.

I pm'ed you some information about the Iowa rallies. You can meet other heartland owners from Iowa and other states.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Using some of the precautions that in the guide Dan pointed out definitely makes easier camp in cold weather. I would not want to deal with trying to stay warm in 0 degree weather in a North trail so I usually plan camping trips on 40+ degree days and nighttime lows of upper 20s. I have been down to 15 degrees over night and it can be done but uses a lot of propane and supplemental electric heat in the ends to stay real comfortable.