Michelin XPS tires for 3055rl ?

jimtoo

Hi Stevenlerskine,

I had those on my 08 3055RL for 4 years and never had a problem. You do loose a little clearance between the tires but I still had enough that it never bothered anything.

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we had our '07 BH 3055RL, we had a set of Michelin tires on it. We loved the security of the better tires and had no clearance problem with them.

scottyb

Get 245/75/16. They are exactly the same dimensions as the original tires.

I will probably do the same thing if/when I have to replace mine, because I would like to have the extra clearance. Although, like Jim reported, I haven't had any issues with the 235/85's, or noticed any irregular wear. The do occasionally touch when twisting or turning sharply. The specs say the 245/75's fit 6.5" - 8.0" wheels and of course most of ours are 6.0" wheels. I assume that 0.5" isn't an issue and some tire store mounted them w/o question. You may be the person that I 1st read about using the 245's.

Gary521

I have the 245's on my trailer for several years with no issues. First of all, I am not a tire engineer but I am an engineer. The logic I used is that the diameter and sectional width of the 245 is the same as the original ST tire ( or very, very close ). I have a friend that used the 245 for years also with no issues. I did not want the increased diameter of the 235LT tire. The wider rim width spec is because of its use on light trucks.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
XPS Ribs on my 2006 BH and have never had an issue. Although they need to be changed due to age, they still look great!