Strange Happenings with Hydraulic's

Sajo

Good Morning All
We put our 2013 Big Country 3650 in the RV barn here at home the 1st week of Dec. Twice I have found the bedroom slide out, first time about 3" and yesterday almost a foot. Also, the front jacks had lowered the coach about 6" from the setting when I "let it rest" for the winter. There is no power to the coach and the batteries are turned off. The coach is locked tight and no one has access. Has anyone experienced this and what causes this to happen?

Sajo

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't know if it will help, but unless I need to operate my hydraulic slides, I close the valves at the manifold. I don't have hydraulic jacks, though.

Sajo

Thanks, I will look at closing off the valve and see if that helps. Last spring after a cold snap I was hooking up and had the slides in. As I was backing the truck under the 5 the wheel and using the remote to lift the coach the bedroom slide came out. That has only happened once. I don't know.....

Sajo

Thanks for the link. I will follow up on this. I would hate to be one the interstate and look in the mirrors and find the slides out!

BandK

Good Morning All
We put our 2013 Big Country 3650 in the RV barn here at home the 1st week of Dec. Twice I have found the bedroom slide out, first time about 3" and yesterday almost a foot. Also, the front jacks had lowered the coach about 6" from the setting when I "let it rest" for the winter. There is no power to the coach and the batteries are turned off. The coach is locked tight and no one has access. Has anyone experienced this and what causes this to happen?

Sajo

I had a similar thing happen recently. Picked up our rig in January and the bedroom slide was most of the way out, and the kitchen was part way out. The batteries were disconnected. It has been in the shop for 3 days now and they have ruled out the pump. On the 2013 Elkridge, there is not a manifold, so they are suspecting a ram? That is what I was told today. So much for being on the beach this week. Will try to keep you informed when I find out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the link. I will follow up on this. I would hate to be one the interstate and look in the mirrors and find the slides out!
I actually had that happen to me. I had to stop often to move the slides back in.

I had a similar thing happen recently. Picked up our rig in January and the bedroom slide was most of the way out, and the kitchen was part way out. The batteries were disconnected. It has been in the shop for 3 days now and they have ruled out the pump. On the 2013 Elkridge, there is not a manifold, so they are suspecting a ram? That is what I was told today. So much for being on the beach this week. Will try to keep you informed when I find out.
I had that happen and it was a cylinder that was bad. It leaks internally so there is no fluid loss.
I continued to use my rig for about a month or so till we had some camping down time.
I used ratchet straps to keep the slides in while traveling. No need to leave it sit idle.

Peace
Dave

Sajo

Just an update. Had our unit in the shop for almost two weeks and they did replace a valve that controls the bedroom slide which is the first one that extends with the controls. I understand to check the valves on whichever slide that is first to extend on your coach by design. Just got it back today so I don't know if the problem is solved. Time will tell.