Purchased 3500 RL Denton Texas

I purchased a new 3500 RL in Denton,Tx at Explore USA.

Love the Trailer, but the Follow up and delivery from the dealer was worse than terrible.

The night they delivered it , because I didnt have a Tow Vehicle big enough to tow, A water leak under the Kitchen cabinet started .

The Hot water line to the Faucet wasnt tight, gee makes me wonder how they checked the Plumbing on nthe pre delivery checklist.

Then the Hot water heater wasnt working,the next day.

Finally after fighting back and forth on the Phone that day , because they wanted to charge me a $ 75.00 service call to come fix it ,when it should have been working before they delivered it.

They replaced a Relay and said the switch outside was wrng too.

"Again so Much for pre delivery Inspections."

I wouldnt reccommend this dealer "Explore USA" to my worst enemy, they have done nothing to follow up without fighting and arguing the whole way.

If I had it to do over again, I would have never bought the 3500 RL because of this Dealer.

A month later I still havent receieved my payment Book or my Tags for the trailer.

A call today that hasnt been returned in two hrs,to see about all this still hasnt called back.

Im so close to reporting this to the better business beuro, its pathetic.

And to top all this off my Ac UNIT,A duo therm, has no air coming outta the vents all over the trailer,they still havent returned that call to help me out in two weeks.

One other thing, they were suppossed to fill the Butane Tanks Prior to delivery.

I uses electric space Heaters, a week later I turn on the furnace only to find out it was out of Propane totally in Both tanks.

Again another Pre delivery Inspection not folllowed up on.

I cant Believe Heratland doesnt care or the dealer itself after someone spends what I have on a Fifth wheel like this.

I mean $ ****** dollars later I have a lemon that I thought was gonna be My permanent home, turns out to be a freakin Fight not worth dealing with.

Any help would be appreciated by heartland or anoyne.

Sincerely Totally Disgusted Customer.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

d_morris_60,

Sorry to hear about all of your woes with your unit.

No where in your post do I read that you have yet to contact Heartland directly. I think now is the time to do so. On Monday, please call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have the last 8 digits of your VIN ready as well.

Explain everything to them and ask them to get involved with the dealer on these issues.

Bear in mind that some of the issues you are having appear to be Dealer issues. I don't think you'd dispute that assertion. That said, when you are fed up with your dealer and need to escalate it, you really need to contact the manufacturer. I hope this will be your next step.

Please keep us in the loop on this matter as you wend your way through the process. It's is our sincere hope here in the Heartland Owners Forum that before long, you'll be the happy camper that you had hoped to be.

Jim Beletti
Owner - Heartland Owners Forum

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
I have dealt with Explore USA in Mesquite and Kyle (TX) for our purchase and service on a very minor issue. They have been nothing but friendly, accommodating and quick. The home office of the 9 stores is in Plano Tx. Call the owner/partner Steve at the Plano office. We spent an entire morning and part of the afternoon on the PDI with them in Kyle where we purchased. Even after them knowing that we had lots of past experience, they took us through every step as if we were new buyers of our first unit. The company has several lines of units and they seel and represent them all very well. We were originally looking at Carriage products, but after determining that we couldn't get what we wanted the salesman went out of his way to spend several hours with us on the Bighorn. The factory accommodated us with some custom issues, as well. In my opinion, I would have done the PDI on their lot. No matter what you drive or tow, you're in charge,then. We also had our tags on the unit when we drove off, and we had our payment book before we even took delivery. While your comments show you are frustrated, start at the dealer;s office and systematically work toward a resolution.

jimtoo

Hi d morris 60,
I am a customer of ExploreUSA and am concerned about the service you say you received from one of their dealerships. It is very unlike ExploreUSA to have unsatisfied customers. The owners are very customer oriented and of course dislike bad publicity. Sometimes you get a salesman or even someone in service that you just do not have a good relation with and things go downhill.

I am asking that you email the owners, Brian Booker and Scott Chaney at this address, http://www.exploreusa.com/owner_talk.php . This goes directly to the owners, not managers and you should have a reply within 48 hours. Be sure you include your vin number and all your information.

Please keep us informed of the results and progress.

Jim (the other Jim)

snuffy

One water leak, a repaired water heater and two empty propane tanks, in my opinion, does not constitute a lemon.

Explore USA in Denton, Tx

We too had nothing but nightmares with this particular dealership. After my husband insisted on getting the owners phone# (Scott Chaney), because we were 7 hrs away from home in 108 degree temperature without electricity, that worked quite well. Scott is very concerned with his customers and he made things happen. We had to deal with the dealership in other issues since then and not happy with their innability to help us and have decided since we're fulltiming now to wait and deal with the Explore USA in Kyle, Tx next time.

jimtoo

d_morris_60,
Was wondering if you contacted the address I posted for you and what the results were? PM if you don't want to post here.
Jim (the other Jim)

djkelsoe

I have dealt with Explore USA in Mesquite and Kyle (TX) for our purchase and service on a very minor issue. They have been nothing but friendly, accommodating and quick. The home office of the 9 stores is in Plano Tx. Call the owner/partner Steve at the Plano office. We spent an entire morning and part of the afternoon on the PDI with them in Kyle where we purchased. Even after them knowing that we had lots of past experience, they took us through every step as if we were new buyers of our first unit. The company has several lines of units and they seel and represent them all very well. We were originally looking at Carriage products, but after determining that we couldn't get what we wanted the salesman went out of his way to spend several hours with us on the Bighorn. The factory accommodated us with some custom issues, as well. In my opinion, I would have done the PDI on their lot. No matter what you drive or tow, you're in charge,then. We also had our tags on the unit when we drove off, and we had our payment book before we even took delivery. While your comments show you are frustrated, start at the dealer;s office and systematically work toward a resolution.

d_morris_60, I am sorry for all your problems but I also have to agree with caddojay, I purchased my Razor at Explore USA in Kyle and could not have been happier with their PDI, sales people and quality. I do not know anything about the Denton office but I hope you get this resolved.

Amber

I have to be optimistic as we are signing the papers with Denton today on the Razor 3212, but I wanted to point out that they have been understaffed for a while, with only 3 people running the office. They were interviewing last week, and it might be that they are just spread too thin. But I am definitely keeping this thread in mind should we have issues. Good luck with your issues. :)

jimtoo

Hi Amber, and welcome to the Heartland family. I'm sure you will enjoy your new unit. Please keep us informed as to the service after the sale if any is needed. Having worked in service for years I know being shorthanded can really cause problems and hopefully that is what the problem was. ExploreUSA has a good reputation for quality sales, service and employees.

Jim (the other Jim)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we too had some dealer problems. Keep a written log bock of the contacts you make: Date, time, person you talk to, and a breif discription of the questions and answers. Go there talk to the service manager and if that does not produce fixes then go to the owners. Keep your cool by all means. If things have to be done after your PDI don't take it away and don't give them $$$$ until it is all done. Do another PDI after all things are fixed.
Yes I was excited to "get 'er home" and that was my 1st mistake, just to eager.
Good luck and keep the line
Rand

3500 Rl

With the help of one person on here , I posted on explore usa's web site.
Brian Booker the Owner of Explore called that following Monday, to his surprised denmeanor,He couldnt believe what I proceeded to tell him how things that had happened.

He got the wheels in Motion, had someone out here the next day, with two full butane Bottles,to replace what the service guys had burned up.

The repairman he sent "Johnnie" Ill say his name was did a great Job on all repairs.

The only Outstanding issue is my Duo Therm AC and no Air Flow Thru the Ducts.

Was contacted by service out of Denton explore USA , they are going to replace the Duo Therm with a Max Air Coleman next week. All Due to my Insistance and background Study,and Very Strong suggestions !!!

Two other RV's I have had had the Coleman Units ,had so much air fow thru the Vents you could blow dry your hair under them ,LOL.

Anyway I still believe the Duo Therm Unit has definate Engineering Flaws.

The dealer plugged up my Trade that was still on the lot, Wilderness Rv, tested the Air flow against a Brand new Big Country and a Duo Therm.

Results were as Follows, My old 2005 31' Foot Wilderness blew the Hair right off theyre heads, The Big Country with Duo Therm had very Little Air flow out of two vents in the Kitchen.

All other Vents in the Big Country had no Air Flow whatsoever just like My Rig Hasn't got any air flow.

After all the Back and forth, They have ordered a Coleman High Output Unit to replace my Duo Therm,I will Post the Results of that Endevor after the Installation.

Im keeping my Fingers Crossed here as to Johnnie the repairman Checked all vents the day he was here, None were crushed or restricted at all.

I really hope that Heartland would reconsider Duo Therm as a Standard AC Unit, and switch to something that actually works the way it was intended too !!!!!! Such as Cheap Line Rv's Using Coleman Or Carrier Units that will blow Your Toupee off LOL.

I understand why Heartland chose the Duo Therm, because it is Owned by Dometic as lots of other things in my Trailer are,Combining Vendors so to speak,but one item they offer AKA Duotherm has Serious Flaws.

But Again Proof is in the Pudding,Well see next week.

Thanks for any and All Suggestions and help you all gave me,so far im finally going to be a Happy Camper afterall.

Keeping My Fingers Crossed as to it all hasnt been repaired yet.

Good Luck Rv er's

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Glad to hear that the management of Explore USA was as responsive as I had found them to be. I've had nothing but great things to say about their company. As I mentioned, we're not newbies, however, they went through everything as if we had never been in an RV. That said to me that they want nothing but 100% customer satisfaction. And..they have satisfied me. They will be a good company to do business with in the future. Since their lines are from entry level to Carriage Royal International units($175,000+), they understand that the customer is the reason they are in business. Many other companies, not exclusively RV related, have lost sight of the reason they are there.

ChopperBill

The only Outstanding issue is my Duo Therm AC and no Air Flow Thru the Ducts.

Was contacted by service out of Denton explore USA , they are going to replace the Duo Therm with a Max Air Coleman next week. All Due to my Insistance and background Study,and Very Strong suggestions !!!

Two other RV's I have had had the Coleman Units ,had so much air fow thru the Vents you could blow dry your hair under them ,LOL.

Anyway I still believe the Duo Therm Unit has definate Engineering Flaws.

The dealer plugged up my Trade that was still on the lot, Wilderness Rv, tested the Air flow against a Brand new Big Country and a Duo Therm.

Results were as Follows, My old 2005 31' Foot Wilderness blew the Hair right off theyre heads, The Big Country with Duo Therm had very Little Air flow out of two vents in the Kitchen.

All other Vents in the Big Country had no Air Flow whatsoever just like My Rig Hasn't got any air flow.

After all the Back and forth, They have ordered a Coleman High Output Unit to replace my Duo Therm,I will Post the Results of that Endevor after the Installation.

Im keeping my Fingers Crossed here as to Johnnie the repairman Checked all vents the day he was here, None were crushed or restricted at all.

I really hope that Heartland would reconsider Duo Therm as a Standard AC Unit, and switch to something that actually works the way it was intended too !!!!!! Such as Cheap Line Rv's Using Coleman Or Carrier Units that will blow Your Toupee off LOL.

I understand why Heartland chose the Duo Therm, because it is Owned by Dometic as lots of other things in my Trailer are,Combining Vendors so to speak,but one item they offer AKA Duotherm has Serious Flaws.

But Again Proof is in the Pudding,Well see next week.

Thanks for any and All Suggestions and help you all gave me,so far im finally going to be a Happy Camper afterall.

Keeping My Fingers Crossed as to it all hasnt been repaired yet.

Good Luck Rv er's

I am interested in the results of your AC problems. Ours did not blow well either until I did the TIMK TENT IN THE VENT mod. Now it blows like a HURRICANE! (well maybe a slight exaggeration :) ) Curious if the Coleman solved the air flow problem. I think Dometic could do a simple design change, or addition, in there vent and keep a lot of folks happy.

jfrench

Try talking to Dave Evans there. He may not know whats going on. Hes a old Friend of mine and a good guy. This does not sound like something he would let happen.

Dusty

There are dealers and then there are dealers. I bought my 2006 Bighorn from ExploreUSA in Kyle Texas and through some minor and some major issues with the trailer, I can tell you that the service efforts from that location was nothing short of outstanding. That doesn't solve your issues I know, but just to be fair......