Shower Door Adjustment

talley

The shower door in my 2006 Big Horn 3655 has not closed properly from "day-one". The door hung-up on the lower left edge and has to be lifted slightly to clear the threshold. When first purchased the dealer adjusted the door. :( It was ok for about a week and returned to same problem.:( Took it back for other warranty work and it was adjusted again, but lasted only a couple of days.:(l Returned again and a new door was supposed to have been installed. Worked ok for about a week and back again to hanging on the threshold metal lip at lower left edge.:mad:

The above occurred over one year. Now the warranty is over. Don't want to pull coach 75 miles one way for another " adjustment"!!

Has anyone experienced this problem and how is it solved? How is the door removed and what adjustments can be made? Dealer has been of no real help in this matter.:confused:

Thanks

SmokeyBare

I can only comment on my shower door... and the inside silicone sweep that prevents water from flowing under the door.

The adhesive that holds the metal frame of the silicone sweep onto the frame of the door gave out. I re-glued the sweep to the door frame... only to find it wasn't glued straight and plum. The edge drags on the bottom of the door opening.

One other problem I see is the Silicone strip is longer than the door opening... which means the end of this strip rubs each time the door opens. I have decided that I could live with the rub as long as it does the job it suppose to do... keep the water inside the shower... and not leaking on the floor.

I would suggest that if the door is plum to the frame... as you look at the door and the gap between the shower frame and the Door... if it is even... not wider on the top or bottom.... then the door most likely is installed correctly. The whole shower frame is put together with screws... measure the distance at the top of the shower opening and then the distance between the bottom of the opening. That also will tell you if the whole frame needs adjustment.

Hope this helps....

HappyKayakers

I noticed on ours that it was the extreme outer strip that was dragging. I looked at the outer edge of the door and found 2 screws (top and bottom) attaching that strip to the top and bottom door frames. I removed those screws, moved the strip up an inch and put the screws back in. You may have to drill a new hole or 2.

Last edited: