Screws Popping Up On Slide Roof

jdfishing

I noticed a number of screw heads starting to pop up under the seam tape on one of my slides roof. This is causing the seam tape to buckle and lose its adhesion to the roof. Is this something to be concerned about? I thought about just putting another piece of tape over all of it. Comments?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the screws are starting to back out, I would make small incisions and reseat them. Then cover with fresh tape.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Along with what John suggested, before running the screws back in I would put a dab of caulk on the screws to prevent them from backing out again.

Peace
Dave

jdfishing

Since the tape is buckled in numerous places along it's edge, I'm thinking of removing it and replacing it with 4" wide Eternabond tape. Any thoughts on this? How difficult is it to remove the old tape? I would prefer to just run new tape over the old, but not sure this would be leak proof.

donr827

Since the tape is buckled in numerous places along it's edge, I'm thinking of removing it and replacing it with 4" wide Eternabond tape. Any thoughts on this? How difficult is it to remove the old tape? I would prefer to just run new tape over the old, but not sure this would be leak proof.

I would like to know why the screws are backing out and the tape is coming loose. Possible leak?
Don

sengli

I have had a similiar thing on my slides. The screws on the sides of the slides are slowly backing out on thier own. I even had about 8 of of the screw heads pop off, noticed this after towing the coach around 100 miles or so. Talked to the factory on this about a year ago, they assumed they must have gotton a batch of soft screws. In the mean time, I suggest you look at these screws often, and try to keep them tightened up.

Bobby A

I noticed a number of screw heads starting to pop up under the seam tape on one of my slides roof. This is causing the seam tape to buckle and lose its adhesion to the roof. Is this something to be concerned about? I thought about just putting another piece of tape over all of it. Comments?

I have the same problem. I've heard its quite a job to remove the old tape. I'm also looking for advise, I will keep a close eye of this topic. I do like JohnDar suggestion though.