Computer Acting Strangely

jdfishing

Sometimes, when posting a new thread or replying to an existing one, my computer begins to act up. It will skip some letters, not put spaces in, etc. Not always, just sometimes, and it may start at the beginning or half way through. The computer only does this on the Heartland Forum. So fr on tis ps, whops, he it is. Any ideas? It started.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My laptop does the same thing . . .

I think it is an Internet Explorer issue.

Try using Chrome as a browser . . . that solved my issues here!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The problem seems to be with which HTML editor is being used by Internet explorer.
In my IE11 settings, The HTML Editor was not set and was causing the issue. I selected notepad and the problem seems to have been resolved for me.

Within internet explorer settings, try setting a different HTML Editor.

Click Tools
Click Internet Options
Click on the Programs Tab
In the section labeled Internet Editor,
HTML Editor: select an editor such as Notepad or Microsoft Word.
Click OK.

donr827

Sometimes, when posting a new thread or replying to an existing one, my computer begins to act up. It will skip some letters, not put spaces in, etc. Not always, just sometimes, and it may start at the beginning or half way through. The computer only does this on the Heartland Forum. So fr on tis ps, whops, he it is. Any ideas? It started.

I have the same problem. What I have noticed is that it usually happens with the first post and that every word is under lined in red until I finish typing the word. Almost like spell check of some type is working.
Don

stevenssr

You may be correct. I'm using an Apple laptop and Safari web browser and I've never seen this. Also, the editor thing sounds like a reasonable source of the problem to me.

HornedToad

I had that same typing problem and issues with adding photo attachments when using IE.
I now use my FireFox browser on the forum and haven't experienced any of those symptoms.

GrumpyOneandTwo

The problem seems to be with which HTML editor is being used by Internet explorer.
In my IE11 settings, The HTML Editor was not set and was causing the issue. I selected notepad and the problem seems to have been resolved for me.

Click Tools
Click Internet Options
Click OK.

That sees to have fixed the problem for me! Thanks for the tip.
Mike

jdfishing

Click Tools
Click Internet Options
Click OK.

I tried the above and thought the problem was solved, then it started again. Will try something else. Thanks anyway.

jdfishing

OK. I switched to Chrome from Internet Explorer and so far so good. I'll keep giving this a try and hope it works. I usually start having problems about now, but this is still working. Cool. Thanks for the tip.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Mine won't let me start a new paragraph but that's okay....I don't know where they go anyway:eek:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I tried the above and thought the problem was solved, then it started again. Will try something else. Thanks anyway.

Make sure the A/A is selected in toolbar otherwise the problem will start again.
You may need to reselect each time you post a reply.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
So if I touch the A/A in the top right corner I can make a post without it going bonkers. Cool :cool::cool:... thanks Dave. I still don't know where the paragraphs go though:confused::confused:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Yes, Having A/A selected helps with the bonkers. I don't have a solution for you on the paragraphs.

I just
make them
at random

sometimes...