Landmark Interior General Feedback Requested

T

TomMontague

I'm working on two new decors for LM. Of course we will have a dark leather - it's the number one selling in multiple price points. The second is much harder. I've done medium, grayish and white ( Florida ) style leather. There is a leather color I would like for you to look at and give me your thoughts on.

I am moving to a true bonded leather which I think everyone will really like.

Im also moving away away from all the Chinese import furniture and going with an American Made brand. More details to follow on that as I get samples made.

Examples
Example Leather 1.jpg Example Leather 2.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

RoadJunkie

Tom, the color is quite nice, middle of the road, not too light and not too dark; it has rich, warm, den-like look. However with a smaller space I prefer a slightly lighter color to help brighten things up. But you can also lighten things up with window treatment, flooring, etc. Looks good! Also glad to hear you are looking at quality furniture. My '10 "leather" recliner flaked in a couple of non fultiming years.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I like them both, Amy prefers the first one and I really like the looks of the floor.

jjriker

I like the color - agree with RoadJunkie about keeping some of the tones on the lighter side. I am interested to hear more about where you will be going with the furniture as far as using more quality pieces. We had decided that we would not even get the recliners when we upgrade since one of the first things we did was get rid of them. But maybe we will have to rethink that. On edit...wondering about perhaps having a cloth option for the furniture? Cats and leather don't go together too well.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
We like the first one. Also the floor,but not a big fan or the booth kitchen table. Since we are talking about the dinning table Ive noticed that the units with the outside entertainment center have a table that has very little room against the wall. Could you put a table that could move or turn to accommodate us that aren't as you could say small?

jbeletti

Please ignore the cabinets and flooring in those pics. They are from a motorhome. Tom is just showing us an example of the leather he is interested in trying and this motorhome is the closest thing he can point to right now.

Thanks for the feedback on what you would like in a Landmark interior and keep it coming :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Two Big Hands for Tom - go USA products. I also admire Tom for thinking outside the box and trying to take the LandMarks to the next century for luxury coaches. What you are showing as ideas is great. The flooring can be done in vinyl tiles but what can you say for the sofa but WOW. Like it!

Greengas

General feedback:

based on constant comments on this forum

shower door handles wont stay on
big problems with back ladder

my own comments

Need to have slam latches on front compartment doors

More electric plugs in kitchen

We have the queen size bed so we could get the two night stands. Love it. However how about an electrical outlet on the wall on the side of the bed towards the front of the rig like there is on the other side of the bed.

Bring the hanging rod in the washer dryer closet further forward so it is useable. Right now I would have to remove two shelves to use the hanging rod.

Start using a over over the air antenna that does not have to be cranked up and down. Those new models also include a signal strength indicator which is very helpful.

I love the way the heater works and that there is a heat vent in the stool room but man it gets real hot in there. Maybe relocating it to the center of the hallway so it is cozy getting out of the shower.

We have the two heater/furnace controls but in reality the are both the same one because there is only one zone how about a true two zone control.

Include an option for the installation of a true EMS system. (Thought that was what I was getting with the full timer package).

include the option for the awnings to be the ones that have the metal covers (don't ask why I am suggesting this:) )

we love the desk in our San Antonio and it was a key selling point for the model but it would sure be even better with a pull out drawer.

Love the max vinyl but would like the option in the bedroom as well (really helps with allegerys).

Last but not least. Please do something about the QC. Personally I had a horror story when I picked up my rig. I would be happy to communicate with you about the particulars if you would like, no need to rehash here.

Thanks for for getting involved.

davebennington

I'm working on two new decors for LM. Of course we will have a dark leather - it's the number one selling in multiple price points. The second is much harder. I've done medium, grayish and white ( Florida ) style leather. There is a leather color I would like for you to look at and give me your thoughts on. I am moving to a true bonded leather which I think everyone will really like. Im also moving away away from all the Chinese import furniture and going with an American Made brand. More details to follow on that as I get samples made. Examples View attachment 28370 View attachment 28371 Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Tom
Both colors are very nice and are something I would love to have in my home. The medium color is a great option (instead of the dark) to have with the honey maple cabinets. The lighter color would go well with the dark stained woods. Julie

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Wow love the color in number 1 and yeah to the American made I hate the idea of sitting on anything Made in China, wish
the changes were in place before my new LM key Largo is built. WTG with new innovations Tom.
LindaW

jrzygrl64

I like the color of pic #1 better. But, to be honest, I like the darker color that my Grand Canyon has. Since it is probably the China-made, I just hope it holds up ok.

Ndrhsr

we're half timers for 2 years & notice too many 5th wheelers have very light single color carpet. darker tones with variegated colors are much easier to keep looking good especially in the mountains . personally not a big fan of leather

kkamshop

While those leather colors are nice, both are very similar in color value and when you also have cabinets in a similar tone, you end up with a lot of BROWN. This is same-old, same-old to me. Well, you asked... LOL

Welcome to the Heartland family Tom! Hope to see lots of new ideas in Landmarks!

Bryced15

Leather colors look great! Excited to hear it is going to be real leather and USA made.

One thing to add to the general interior feedback is to make a heavy duty, quality hanging rod in the clothes closet. I've not experienced it in our classic, but I've heard and read enough horror stories from people including Jimb about the rod breaking on the first trip.

I know now this isn't necessarily related to the topic, but I would also like to see a whole coach water filtration system.

I also really think it would be great to have a fourth slide out opposite the bed in the new Newport. As this is the floor plan we are waiting to purchase, we think the bedroom really needs more drawer space in the Newport.

A full profile roof all the way to the rear with tall slide outs like the 3160EL and 3260EL would be nice on the Newport also.

porthole

Retired
Colors look good.

Personally, I don't like the way the window treatments do not extend to the bottom of the windows - in any of the trailers, but especially in the top of the line LM

T

TomMontague

Again lots of good information coming in. Let me do some updating.

Lleather and decor in general - lots of brown. I couldn't agree more. There are however several factors that play in to my decision making process. Brown tends to invoke a neutral reaction. People don't love it - people don't hate it - it's something most people can agree on. Bright Color, flowers, and other bold patterns tend to be a love hate. In this business love hate is BAD. When we pick a decor we hope it sells just as well as the other decors because we basically have to commit to the same amounts of the different designs. I try my hardest to find decors that I feel most people can agree on. This typically lends itself to the earth tones or browns.

I have a Culligan full coach water filtration system in the proto specs. I think most people will be happy with that choice.

i found out why we can't have a plug in the pantry. The microwave plug and fireplace plugs are dedicated plugs and we provide the appliance. Apparently we could add the plug in the pantry if we offered a coffee machine to go with it. I don't think that will happen but I promise to look into the cost of a Kuerig machine as a possible add. :) Stupid rule/ code but it is one so we have to comply.

Moving the the curcuit boxes to a higher point. Unfortunately this isn't going to be as easy as I thought. We have about a 100 year old oak trees roots system worth of wires coming into that panel and most are from the bottom of the coach. Buying them in a longer length to get them into a bathroom for instance isn't an option. Motorhomes typically have this sort of setup but they use Multi-Plex systems which allow them to do that. They also cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. In addition, most interior walls aren't thick enough to handle the wire load safely. So I'm sad to report that this is something I'm going to have to work on for a while. I love the idea however.

I have several other things but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. I have to have some surprises.

Antennas - my research shows the old style crank up antennas are still the choice most people prefer. We used a different, non adjustable one for a while at another company I worked for and the reception under trees was terrible and you couldn't adjust the direction. Yes they show the strength but what if they show it as low? How do you adjust? Just asking because I don't know anything other than what people have told me.

Keep the ideas coming.

Talk soon,
tom

porthole

Retired
i found out why we can't have a plug in the pantry. The microwave plug and fireplace plugs are dedicated plugs and we provide the appliance. Apparently we could add the plug in the pantry if we offered a coffee machine to go with it. I don't think that will happen but I promise to look into the cost of a Kuerig machine as a possible add. :) Stupid rule/ code but it is one so we have to comply.

Simple enough. Supply a cheap $10 coffee maker and we will plug in our own brewmeister of choice.

TV antenna I think most are referring to is the "Jack Antenna".

I put one in our Cyclone. It works pretty good, looks modern. But, I dread replacing it should it be damaged. And because of that I would not install one on our next trailer. Unless a repairable version is made.