Dyson stick vacuums

Bob Vaughn

Those with the Dyson stick vacuums how well do you like them? Is it worth the money to get one as the central vacuum does not live up to the hype ?

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Those with the Dyson stick vacuums how well do you like them? Is it worth the money to get one as the central vacuum does not live up to the hype ?
I agree with you Bob about the central vacuum,don,t know about dyson stick but the shark which is designed like it is excellent.
Lindaw

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I wonder what the price for the stick vac would be from Heartland parts vs retail. Anyone inquired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thibideau

We purchased a Dyson stick for the trailer. We also have a Dyson animal in the house, but prefer using the rechargeable unit. Great vacuum with lots of suction. It will be back in the trailer this spring

happyappy

I purchased a dyson stick for my Landmark Grand Canyon a little over a year ago. Works great in the camper...the head is the perfect size to get in all the small spaces in my floorplan. The battery will typically last just long enough to give the coach a good vacuum. It works as well on the carpets as it does the hardwoods. I'm sure there are less expensive options out there that may work as well, but the dyson has worked great for me.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I find that my Dyson stick is OK for quick clean ups, but does not work that well on my area rug which is a dense, low pile..when I really need to clean I break out the Shark Rotator.

jbeletti

Bob - I combined this thread and your ATF thread so all info is now co-located. Thanks for the questions.

Mizmary

Costco had the smaller version of the dc50 on sale a while back. And when my little shark broke I bought it. I looked at tons of vacuums the same size and the ones the didn't have a rotating brush bar were thrown out. I really considered the shark rotator and the Hoover nano but- the sale price of the dyson won me over. It's not the rechargeable. It looks just like the bigger animal but a bit smaller. Not any larger than my old shark that I had. It works great. I could have been a commercial since I had vacuumed with my central vac to clean up the mess that broke the shark vacuum and then used the dyson. It was amazing the amount of mess I still had left over that the dyson picked up.

I wish the tool kit that came with the central vac had a power brush head. Then I wouldn't have bought the dyson at all.

Westwind

The Shark Rocket caught our eye, we had a Shark stick vacuum for over 10 years in our previous trailer and for 2 years in the Bighorn but it died this year and we are using the Central Vacuum, manhandling the hose can be a workout. I think a Rocket is in the future.

Gizzy

We use the power brush that came with the upright vac we use in the house. It fit on the central vac hose and works great for us. Not very wide, but then again, not much carpet to vacuum. Works just fine for us.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My only complaint with the Dyson is the battery does not last that long. We use a corded Eureka stick vacuum for everyday cleanup. When home I use the 12 Amp corded 'hurricane' vacuum.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The central vac the dealer installed for us is the Dirt Devil. It came with the RugRat power head. Other than the screeching when the lightweight hose is stretched to either end of the rig, it does the job of picking up sand and cat hair over the course of the summers.

The attachments and hoses for our home central vac will also work with the Dirt Devil, and vice versa. There were actually two sets of attachments left in the trailer when we took delivery. The extra is now in our home basement so I don't have to drag the main gear down. The hose for home is heavier, though.

JHWilson2

Our Big Horn was missing the Dyson vac when we received it, so we had to wait until the dealer ordered one and shipped it to us. I like it. Yes, the battery doesn't last that long, but it doesn't take that long to charge it. We travel with several dogs and it seems to do a good job of picking up their hair and the dirt they track in. We had an Oreck before and will be leaving it at our house because it's larger, and since we down-sized space matters. My only problem now is trying to figure out where to mount it since the closet where the pictures show it mounted is full.