New line of smaller & Lighter XLT Sundances

fishn2dmax

I've heard that Hearltand is coming out with a new XLT line in Sundance that is geared for 1/2 ton to 3/4 tow vehicles. Up till now, I had no other information until I stumbled across RV direct Wholesalers web site http://www.rvdirectwholesalers.com/shopRVDW/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=221

Look likes the new XLT sundance line has a full aluminum cage with just a single main living slide ( humm makes you wonder why they didn't make the big Sundance all aluminum too). I know a lot of people that would like to own a 5'er but don't have a Heavy duty truck. I think this new line will fill gap that existed in Heartlands offerings to compete with Jayco Eagle lite and other smaller single slide 5'ers that appear to becoming very popular with todays higher fuel costs.

XLT Sundance is a very nice looking coach. Nose cone design is very nice! :)

dakotakid

I'm new here and was looking for some info on the new XLT Sundance. I'm Hoping to trade up from the travel trailer to a 5er. I hope.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
They have the new XLT Sundance on the Heartland website. Was looking at them earlier today. A couple I was working with earlier this year, was looking for something that their 1/2 ton Chevy would haul. Wish Heartland would have had them then, would have made a sale for them.
Fred

I looked at one yesterday and was impressed. My main concern is lack of clothing storage in the bedroom. Of course that would sure help keep the pin weight down, and upset my wife too :)

I just wonder if they aren't on to something here with the increased fuel costs, this will be easier to tow for any truck. I have been looking at the SK or 3012RE but the pin weights are too close for me by the time I load it up. I have what I thought was a big ole truck, but apparently not. 2000 F250 PSD with a whole max load capacity of about 1800 lbs.

These new ones with 1100 pin weights do look nice though.

Greselda

We just purchased an '09 Sundance 265RK which is 28' 6" and we can hardly wait for her to be delivered so we can pick her up:D

I posted a new thread earlier asking if anyone else had one yet and what did they think of them?

Thanks for any info......

Greselda:)

ByPass

I have a 2009 24RL North Trail. It's the very same 5er as the XLT Sundance, just different graphics.They are advertised as half ton towable, but be aware that unless you have a properly equiped half ton you won't be happy.I tow with an 07 Sierra 1500 GMC Vortec Max with the 6.0L and 410 Rear axle,and 2060lbs of payload.All this said, its a fine unit and tows great but I wouldn't won't to try it with anything less.

Greselda

Hi ByPass, and thanks for the reply info :D

BTW, we are towing our 5ver with a 2006 Ford f250, 6.8L V10, 4x4 crew cab super duty, so we don't anticipate (hopefully), any pulling or stopping problems. We used to have a f150 and we knew that would not fit the bill, hence the newer truck.

We are sooooo looking forward to receiving our new Sundance!!!!!

Greselda:)

curly2001

Just bought a new Sundance 265RK and brought it home. We plan a shakedown trip if the weather holds up this weekend. Will go over everything to make sure things are good. One question I forgot to ask the dealer is if we need to use anything at the top of the slideout to look it for transport? The old trailer I had needed them. This one has none.
Will let you know more when we take it out but so far, so good.
Thanks,
Curly

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
No slide lockout mechanism needed. The hydraulics will hold it in (unless there is a major failure of that system), but even then it would come out very slowly.