Purchasing a 2014 North Trail 22FBS

Aspenwind

Happy Camper
We're taking delivery of our North Trail 22FBS as soon as things thaw out a bit. It's going to be a big change from our pop-up! :)

The first challenge is going to be where to mount the Progressive Industries Surge Protector, and keeping my wife from filling all the extra storage space.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The first challenge is going to be where to mount the Progressive Industries Surge Protector, and keeping my wife from filling all the extra storage space.
Mounting the surge protector wont be a problem, however keeping a wife from filling all the extra storage.......good luck with that.:):)
You need to come to the rally in Amana and show off that new NT.

Peace
Dave

Aspenwind

Happy Camper
I looked at places to stick the surge protector. It's great that the cabinets are solid from a structural standpoint, but it makes accessing some of the free spaces really difficult. There looks like space behind where the power inlet is, I'll just have to pull the outside shower to have a large enough access hole to work in the compartment. The other possible option is to pull the converter and place it behind it, the only access to that space seems to be by removing the converter though.

mbopp

Welcome to the club.
Pulling the converter is easy, and you have the power inlet right there so wiring it up won't be too bad.

Add me to the new NT 22FBS club. In ours case it's a used 2013, and my wife is the only experienced RVr in the family.

Luckily had been in activities before where forums helped with the learning curve, so I'm digging around here to see what I can pick up.

Best regards,
Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You found the best forum out there! Ask away, someone always around to help. We loved our NT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aspenwind

Happy Camper
Got my surge protector mounted today. Plenty of room behind the converter. There was even enough slack in the cable that I didn't need any extra. I did however break my side cuts on the 10-2 cable :( Snapped the handle right off them.