Getting hitched today

BobX2

Have it in getting a receiver hitch mounted today. There is one shop in Denver that all the dealers recommend to 5th wheel owners. Guy's been doing it for years, and custom fits and mounts each individual trailer. None of the one size fits all if you tweak it enough. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow and checking out his work. Frame warranty hopefully never needed, I need a hitch. There is a reason I bought a short, light 5th wheel.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've had most of my hitch and wiring done at Lampert's on 38th. & Perry in Denver.

BobX2

Mine is being done at Cowboy Metal Products, off of Santa Fe and Mississippi. (actually two blocks west at Galapago and Miss.) Like I said, they come highly recommended. I'm expecting great work from them. Hope I'm not disappointed. I'm sure I will be taking some pictures and posting them, good or bad. Also wiring up a 7-round plug as part of the deal. Only need a flat-4, but the price was the same either way so why have a dangling flat plug back there?

BobX2

I have a small trailer that will haul my two ATV's behind it. I should max out at 59' total length.

Kbvols

Sounds good. I used to pull a motorcycle trailer behind my travel trailer it worked pretty good but pulling behind a fifth wheel would be better. Enjoy and travel safe.

JohnD

Pretty sweet!

Where do you go with the quads?

Have you ever gone up Taylor Canyon just north of Gunnison?

There is a huge four-wheelin' facility up there for that kind of stuff!

Plus . . . Taylor Canyon is a fun place to go camping!

BobX2

Pretty sweet!

Where do you go with the quads?

Have you ever gone up Taylor Canyon just north of Gunnison?

There is a huge four-wheelin' facility up there for that kind of stuff!

Plus . . . Taylor Canyon is a fun place to go camping!

There is a bunch of riding along the whole front range within 1-2 hours of the house. Usually manage about 35-40 days of riding per year. We have taken our vacation up at Taylor Park four out of the last five summers. Beautiful country with countless trails and great fishing. We put 300-400 miles on the ATV's in a week up there. Great fun for the whole family.

JohnD

There is a bunch of riding along the whole front range within 1-2 hours of the house. Usually manage about 35-40 days of riding per year. We have taken our vacation up at Taylor Park four out of the last five summers. Beautiful country with countless trails and great fishing. We put 300-400 miles on the ATV's in a week up there. Great fun for the whole family.

I have some friends that go quad-running up at Red Feathers all the time.

One of our favorite camp grounds (Jack's Gulch) is near there up Poudre Canyon on Pingree Park Road!

We are probably going to make a trip back to Taylor Canyon either this summer or next.