Acronyms

BobX2

I'm not new to rv'ing, just new to RV forums. For others like me, maybe there should be a list of all the three letter acronyms with definitions used on these forums. Most I think I have figured out, but one in particular has me stumped. WTH is an SOB? I read many threads where a former SOB has been mentioned. Is this some kind of code a single or divorced person is using??? :rolleyes: Don't know if this is the appropriate sub-forum for this question, but if not I'm sure someone will move it for me. Maybe FAQ's would be a better fit.

BobX2

Thank you. I will sleep better tonight now, knowing that. Sometimes it's the little things that keep a guy awake at night...

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
there is a list of RV Terms in the wiki that includes other common terms but it is far from an exhaustive list: //heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=RV_Glossary

Birchwood

My suggestion is stop using acronyms as we have RV ers from different backgrounds and countries.Just think about it for a few moments and put yourselves in their shoes before you us an acronym.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
My suggestion is stop using acronyms as we have RV ers from different backgrounds and countries.Just think about it for a few moments and put yourselves in their shoes before you us an acronym.

I totally agree. I have always hated acronyms, spell it out.

Kbvols

So...DW is that Dear Wife or Dumb Wife or does it depend if she reads the forum....or to be gender neutral for al the PC'er DH...Dear Husband or Dumb Husband?

HornedToad

BobX2,

I had that same question, here is my post from 11/2013 after joining the forum in Dec of 2012...

"SOB, with upgrade coming"
In following this thread I just had my blonde moment for the day... (sorry ladies) I always thought SOB was a Heartland brand like a Silverado or Sundance model, it's gotta mean Some Other Brand??? cuz I'm sure it's not the other SOB. I wish my girls were still at home to help me with this text talk!!!

It only took me a year to figure that one out!!!

I had to google DW, in context I knew it was spouse, couldn't figure out what the "D" stood for... yes Helen is a dear!!!

wrgrs50s

I was on Facebook and saw several pictures by different people with TBT in the title. I finally asked what does it mean!!!! It's "throw back thursday" !

I knew that TBD was "to be determined", but the TBT was a new one. It's hard to stay hip !!! LOL !!!

DonnyB007

Kevin Barrett: thanks for the acronym posting, I copied and pasted that to my iPhone notepad. I went through the whole listing and picked up several terms I never heard of. Sewer Trout - lol