TIRES on 2015 BIG COUNTRY

blarsony

We just ordered a 2015 BC 3450TS. While searching the forum I noticed there are NUMEROUS issues, posts, complaints with the TOWMAX tires. Has HEARTLAND corrected the issue? While ordering the trailer I requested "G" rated GOODYEARS but was told that is not an upgrade option for the Big Country Line?? Thanks for any information. Bent

danemayer

From the Heartlandrvs.com website, BC page:

SPECIAL BUILD OPTIONS

• (have your dealer contact Heartland for pricing)
  • Regular porcelain sink in place of vessel sink (in bath)
  • Hydraulic selector valves with plumbing for slide rooms
  • Fantastic Fans in bath / bedroom openings
  • Goodyear G-Rated tires
  • MAXIMUM Beauflor in place of carpet
  • Day/Night shades in place of MCD Shades

Ask your dealer to modify the order and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 afterward to confirm.

Westwind

Question is who told you? If it was the dealer they should have contacted the factory rep. Maybe it's not too late to correct it. Or at least get the dealer to change them out. I finally got the Towmax tires off our fifth wheel and replaced them with Goodyear G614 tires with our TPM System is was a good trip to Florida this January.

donr827

I called the brand manager when I ordered my trailer. He had a list of what he called off sheets options. Helped me add several items to my order. Some dealers or salesmen or not as knowledgeable as you would like. definitely call and change your tires.
Don

B

bwwalczak

You folks are pretty quick!! All your information is correct (except the part about NOT upgrading to Goodyear G)

Someone reposted info from our special built option sheet - which is all correct.

If you ever have questions about product, please give me call (not at midnight), but almost anytime: 574-532-1491 cell.

Thanks.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
blarsony - looks like you got an answer straight from the horse's mouth. Yes you can upgrade to Goodyear G614 tires. This has been a practice for a couple of years in that when we ordered our 2012 BC in April 2011, that was an option then. Sounds like the salesman doesn't know his products and didn't wont to take the time to find out if that was an option.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We just ordered a 2015 BC 3450TS. While searching the forum I noticed there are NUMEROUS issues, posts, complaints with the TOWMAX tires. Has HEARTLAND corrected the issue? While ordering the trailer I requested "G" rated GOODYEARS but was told that is not an upgrade option for the Big Country Line?? Thanks for any information. Bent

Welcome to the site! Smart move to upgrade the tires. on your new Big Country.

I'm just a few miles from you...see you around.

blarsony

Thanks for all the information!!! I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and share this link with them.

Also, promise not to call at midnight or after cocktails! :)

blarsony

westxsrt10 (and all others for that fact...) The BEER in the cooler is always cold and the welcome sign is always out. Ram 3500, White, 4x4, Laramie Crew with Idaho personalized plates that say "TOYHALR"

:)

happykraut

From the Heartlandrvs.com website, BC page:

SPECIAL BUILD OPTIONS

• (have your dealer contact Heartland for pricing)
  • Regular porcelain sink in place of vessel sink (in bath)
  • Hydraulic selector valves with plumbing for slide rooms
  • Fantastic Fans in bath / bedroom openings
  • Goodyear G-Rated tires
  • MAXIMUM Beauflor in place of carpet
  • Day/Night shades in place of MCD Shades
Dan, I've always had a lot of respect for your opinions, but I can't agree with you to get "Day/Night shades in place of MCD shades". I installed my own MCD shades into my BH and the wife and I absolutely love them.

danemayer

Dan, I've always had a lot of respect for your opinions, but I can't agree with you to get "Day/Night shades in place of MCD shades". I installed my own MCD shades into my BH and the wife and I absolutely love them.
Bernie,

Wasn't trying to recommend anything. Just providing information about tire options.

bigdob24

Just curious , what's up with the TowMax tires?
I just made a deal on a 2014 3070RE and did not notice what tire is on it.
i will look around and see if I can find a thread on the issues.

dcwettstein

We just ordered a Bighorn with Goodyear G rated tires. Bighorn and Big Country are made in the same plant down the same assembly line. There should be no reason why you cannot get the G rated tires. There is a special build sheet of options in which the G rated tires are listed. Like others have said, call Heartland Customer service and ask for them to e-mail you the Special build options MSRP sheet. Your dealer is wrong.

donr827

We just ordered a Bighorn with Goodyear G rated tires. Bighorn and Big Country are made in the same plant down the same assembly line. There should be no reason why you cannot get the G rated tires. There is a special build sheet of options in which the G rated tires are listed. Like others have said, call Heartland Customer service and ask for them to e-mail you the Special build options MSRP sheet. Your dealer is wrong.

X2 When a dealer orders a trailer for stock most dealers will not pay the price for upgraded tires. JMO
Don

dcwettstein

Go to portals at the top of the page.
scroll down and click on Big Country

Scroll down to prospective bowners and the first post will be the MSRP sheets. click on the short list and you will find the special build options. print it out and take it to your dealer. I would like to see the look on his face.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28734&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1393861764//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28733&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1393861753

Sebastian

We just purchased 2013, 9 month old BIg Country 3690SL, From a dealer in Texas and I did inspect the tires. TOWMAX, load range E. looked great! The dealer even sold me a seven year tire policy. We jumped on it. We did our walk thru and took off for home to load up and hit the road. We had a 265 mile trip home. We made it 52 miles before the rear left blew out without warning and tore up the side of our new RV, nearly $3000.00 worth of damage. We turned around and took it back for repairs. We then noticed the other rear tire rounded all out and about to blow. We picked it up before Easter weekend and now have 2 new and 2, 9 month old "BlowMax" tires. We have a trip planned to Louisiana in a couple weeks and I am worried to put it on the road! I haven't found any website that recommends a certain tire. Empty is 12100 lbs. We have put about 500 lbs of gear and equipment so far. Does anyone have an idea of what tiresnimshould be looking for? I had been doing some research prior to buying this RV and talked with a man that was camped next to us about his Fifth wheel and tires. He was from Oklahoma, and traveled all over the US working in the pipeline industry. He said he constantly had blowouts until he put Goodyear Wrangler 10 Ply truck tires on his rig 2 years ago. He said his rig empty was 15000 lbs. he has no tire problems now. Anyone have any comments or experience using truck tires?

dbbls59

Definitely G rated. There are at least two options, Goodyear G614, and the Sailun S637. Both have the same construction but the Sailun, made in China, will be much cheaper. There are several on this forum that have went with the Sailun and I have not heard of any failures with them.

danemayer

Definitely G rated. There are at least two options, Goodyear G614, and the Sailun S637. Both have the same construction but the Sailun, made in China, will be much cheaper. There are several on this forum that have went with the Sailun and I have not heard of any failures with them.
Why do you think that the Sailun has the same construction as the Goodyear G614?

scottyb

We just purchased 2013, 9 month old BIg Country 3690SL, From a dealer in Texas and I did inspect the tires. TOWMAX, load range E. looked great! The dealer even sold me a seven year tire policy. We jumped on it. We did our walk thru and took off for home to load up and hit the road. We had a 265 mile trip home. We made it 52 miles before the rear left blew out without warning and tore up the side of our new RV, nearly $3000.00 worth of damage. We turned around and took it back for repairs. We then noticed the other rear tire rounded all out and about to blow. We picked it up before Easter weekend and now have 2 new and 2, 9 month old "BlowMax" tires. We have a trip planned to Louisiana in a couple weeks and I am worried to put it on the road! I haven't found any website that recommends a certain tire. Empty is 12100 lbs. We have put about 500 lbs of gear and equipment so far. Does anyone have an idea of what tiresnimshould be looking for? I had been doing some research prior to buying this RV and talked with a man that was camped next to us about his Fifth wheel and tires. He was from Oklahoma, and traveled all over the US working in the pipeline industry. He said he constantly had blowouts until he put Goodyear Wrangler 10 Ply truck tires on his rig 2 years ago. He said his rig empty was 15000 lbs. he has no tire problems now. Anyone have any comments or experience using truck tires?

I have truck tires on mine but it is a 3 axle, and my tires are Commercial LT's with a full steel encasement. Goodyear Wranglers would not be my choice. You should probably go to a G-rated tire for your two axle.

Miltp920

Do a word search towmax and read all you can. Towmax (10 ply) appear to have a high failure rate, especially if you have a heavy camper. They are on my 2014 Cyclone 2 axle toyhauler. I am replacing them within the week. I am finding it hard to find a good replacement. So far goodyear g614. 14 ply is rated very high but has a $1500 price tag on 4 tires and may need new rims too, more $$$. I have found Carlisle and Gladiator, other China based tires like Towmax for $600-$800 but in 12 ply or 14 ply so they have higher load rating. If I had a $$$ tree, I would just buy the GY and new rims too. Some believe that if your tire was not ruined by a delivery guy hauling it 70-75 mph down tbe highway (they are rated for max speed of 65 mph- meaning red line ar 65), and you keep them at 80psi minimum, and you are never over loaded, 3520 lbs per tire, then you might be ok. I would be happy to share my research if you want pm me. Or just read ALL the posts here and rvnet.com, or web search. I have learned that ST trailer tires are not designed to be more than a 3-5 year tire, which ironically enough seems to be when most people experience their first blowout. I know ALL this and I found myself going 65 mph once already before slowing down to 58. You may be fine with your lighter camper, I think yours is lighter than mine. I just weighed mine at 12,500lbs on the axles - meaning about 3000lbs was on my hitch, all of the 15,500 total 5er weight.

Just curious , what's up with the TowMax tires?
I just made a deal on a 2014 3070RE and did not notice what tire is on it.
i will look around and see if I can find a thread on the issues.

Last edited: