RW418 can I put a jeep in there?

wrasse

Considering Road Warrior 418 with the 17.5ft garage. I would like to carry a jeep that is 14ft long and weighs 3500lb wet.

Does RW 418 have the carrying capacity to haul this? Heartland site has no information on carrying capacity/garage capacity.

If this one cannot, is there any other luxury toy hauler that can?

jimtoo

Hi wrasse,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

According to the specs it is listed as 3000lbs with 3 axle's, but to be sure you need to call the Heartland plant and ask for the Road Warrior manager.

Let us know what happens and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

alex00

Considering Road Warrior 418 with the 17.5ft garage. I would like to carry a jeep that is 14ft long and weighs 3500lb wet.

Does RW 418 have the carrying capacity to haul this? Heartland site has no information on carrying capacity/garage capacity.

If this one cannot, is there any other luxury toy hauler that can?

TJ Unlimited? I bet it would fit but you'll be over on the weight a bit. The cargo capacity may be 3000 pounds but that is without factory options. You'll be more likely in the 2k to 2500 lb cargo range with these trailers.

My other concern would be the ramp doors holding the weight. You'd need to figure out if there was ever a point while loading that all 4 tires were on the ramp.

When I was doing great my research I couldn't find a toy hauler that was spec'd to hold a JKU. My JK unlimited is too much of a pig to ever dream of stuffing in a toy hauler. I've realized I'll take Jeep trips or camping trips but not Jeep camping trips.

RollingWhiteThunder

Dave & Shelly
I put our rock crawler in ours, it's 13' long but very tall. weight is 3500lbs. I put it as far forward as I can to keep the weight over the axles. The door didn't even know it was there while loading, as long as it is level. Headed to Johnson Valley Saturday for a week of wheeling. I did have to remove the brackets by the door that hold the patio railings on, as the patio doors wouldn't fully open and hit the brackets. Needs a better design on this in order to get full width opening of doors and still have the railings. I may come up with a quick release for the two brackets to solve this problem for the future. So far we enjoy our 4018 and really like the big garage. I also removed the upper rear bed for weight, as we still have three beds in the garage.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions for you on this.

wrasse

That's great, I have a standard TJ so it is about 3500 lbs. Not worried about the ramps as the front tires will be hitting the cargo area when the rear tires hit the ramp so the ramp will not see the entire 3500lbs.
Does the cyclone 4018 have a cargo weight limit sticker in the cargo area? With your HDT it's probably not an issue but wonder also if there could be handling issues with my 1 ton truck by making the pin weight too light?

I put our rock crawler in ours, it's 13' long but very tall. weight is 3500lbs. I put it as far forward as I can to keep the weight over the axles. The door didn't even know it was there while loading, as long as it is level. Headed to Johnson Valley Saturday for a week of wheeling. I did have to remove the brackets by the door that hold the patio railings on, as the patio doors wouldn't fully open and hit the brackets. Needs a better design on this in order to get full width opening of doors and still have the railings. I may come up with a quick release for the two brackets to solve this problem for the future. So far we enjoy our 4018 and really like the big garage. I also removed the upper rear bed for weight, as we still have three beds in the garage.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions for you on this.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Removing pin weight would be the thing I would worry about the most. With a 1tn truck it could get a little edgy at highway speeds. Call HL and ask for AJ Jones. He is the product manager for all the TH'ers. JMHO, when you move ahead...order the TH with the upgraded tires.....NO TOWMAX TIRES.

Gaffer

I was at a jeep rally a few years ago and someone showed up with a toy hauler with a flat fender inside. He said it made the pin weight too light so he put his sand tires on the bed. DW was not happy.

scottyb

Isn't the 18' garage about 1/3 over the axles? I would think that if you loaded it engine forward and all the way to the front, it wouldn't be any heavier on the tail than a 12' garage with 2500. I can tell you that mine tows better with a full water tank.