Questions about the BH 3100RL

We are interested in the Big Horn 3100 RL and have a few questions before going to actually look at these units. When the slides are closed can the refrigerator be used if you stop for lunch? What are actual weights on shipped units ? I suppose that would depend on options so is there a list of weights for the respective options ?

We are also interested in the 3055 RL.

Suzie

wazz_zup

Hi there Generalgrant. And a warm welcome to the forum. The 3100RL has access to the fridge when the slideouts are in....but....but .....it is difficult to get to. What we do is load up the fridge obviously when the slide is out. The permanetly mounted table comes within 3/4" of the opposing cabinet so there is no sqeezing by. However what we did is brought two of the four chairs in the house and while the slide is in, I can crawl under the table.....tough but do-able. Not something you'd do when just stopping for lunch on the road. You just gotta find a big open parking spot and do the pop-outs.
As far as the actual weight on our shipped unit, the tag in the cabinet by the microwave says 11,450. One a/c, central vac, gel coat, elec rear stabs., fireplace.
Rich

Last edited:

jnclevel

Big Horn 3100RL

We have owned this unit since May ,07. It was one of the first 08's out of the factory. Maybe for that reason, there were a lot of "fit and finish" issues within the unit after we got it home and looked over it closely. I did contact the factory quality control person and let them know what my list of 32 items included. Between them and the dealer, all of these issues were resolved. We looked at other 5vers and decided on the Big Horn because of the upgraded look and feel of the unit compared to others. I know that if I was in the market to purchase another unit at this time, I would consider a Heartland but I would look closely at the "fit and finish" of the interior of the unit I was considering and have any problems rectified before taking the unit home. We have been on 3 trips with ours (no problems other than knocking off the vent cap over the washer vent) and have a 5000+ mile trip planned for June. We will let you know how that trip went.