Heartland . . . What do we do . . . ?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Heartland . . .

What are we supposed to do when our one year manufacturer's warranty runs out . . . but we still keep having the same issues with our RV?

Do you just expect us to lay down and cover our problems by ourselves???

Please answer! :confused:

(Edit) - Don't get me wrong . . . we love our Trail Runner . . . but am starting to question how much Heartland stands behind their product!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
JohnD, if your dealer is not fixing them under warranty, contact Heartland. They should have warranty claims information from the dealer in their records. If it is still not fixed, HL may be able to direct you to an independent RV repair that may be able to fix it. If for some reason the dealer is NOT working with HL to fix your warranty issues, then I would have records of your own (Maybe copies of posts here on the forum, where you spoke about your issues), so that maybe HL can help you solve them.

What kinds of problems are you still having?

JohnD

What kinds of problems are you still having?

The day we picked up our Trail Runner and did the PDI, we were informed that both top panels of the outside were defective and needed to be replaced.

The dealership did that . . . but ever since, the caulking job has been bad!

It leaks . . . and we want it to stop!

What does it take to get Heartland to cover their screw ups (one year and four months and two days after the date of purchase) ?????

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
John,

I don't know if HL will respond directly to this thread, but if the dealership did not install the panels correctly and they have always leaked, then I would call Heartland and discuss it with them. They may want pictures and records of your attempts at repair, and may be able to guide you to someone who can repair it.

If the panels were caulked, and didn't leak for a while, my guess will be that HL may say that maintaining the caulk is an owner maintenance issue, which is in your owner's manual. We all have to be vigilant about caulking, I think the manual recommends every 3 months.

This is reflective of my own experience, when the question of caulking maintenance came in to play. I had an independent RV repair facility, with OK from Heartland, examine the area to determine it was NOT a caulking failure. We sent pics and Heartland was very helpful in a solution.

Last edited:

wdk450

I would call or e-mail Eric Mcdaniel, head of Heartland Service, with your complete story.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
This is a Heartland "OWNERS" forum. It's propose (among other things) as I understand it is for "OWNERS" of Heartland products to share stories, ideas, mods, fixes and all the rest of it.

Although some Heartland employees do participate they are not obligated to be here. So why would anybody be surprised if nobody from Heartland responds?

There are many owners here who might like to help but the information you have provided (aside from being accusatory and snide) is vague at best.

A phone call to customer service at 877-262-8032 with your Vin number in hand may go along way to answering your question.

JohnD

There are many owners here who might like to help but the information you have provided (aside from being accusatory and snide) is vague at best.

Snide?

No . . .

Interestingly enough . . . my trailer was in TWICE TO FIX THESE SAME ISSUES . . . AND HERE WE ARE TODAY WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AT THE SAME PLACES.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Insert whatever word you would like. The posts speak for themselves.

The point is you seem to expect a resolution to your problems here. Advice has been given, information supplied. Now, it seems to me the ball is in your court.

Call the number, have your VIN ready and see what happens, then circle back around and let us know how it ended up.

danemayer

John,

As others have suggested, call Heartland. This thread is going downhill fast and if it continues, it'll be closed.

JohnD

Insert whatever word you would like. The posts speak for themselves.

The point is you seem to expect a resolution to your problems here. Advice has been given, information supplied. Now, it seems to me the ball is in your court.

Call the number, have your VIN ready and see what happens, then circle back around and let us know how it ended up.

That's cool and all that . . . but why keep it a secret?

Why on earth should I have to keep getting the same problems fixed until they are swept under the carpet and now out of warranty so that the problems are now my problems?

And not the people who made the darned thing in the first place . . . ?

JohnD

John,

As others have suggested, call Heartland. This thread is going downhill fast and if it continues, it'll be closed.

Please don't hide this . . .

Maybe Heartland needs to see topics like this to realise that there are indeed problems with not only their manufacturing, but their dealerships as well!

CarterKraft

You didn't ask for my reply but your problem seems to be directly related to your dealer.
It is their responsibility to get approval for any repairs and then perform the repairs to Heartlands standards.

While you might think Heartland is ducking you they might have no idea there are more problems with your trailer because your dealer has already been compensated for the repair and can't submit any more claims for the issue they didn't resolve.

Just my .02 but that's the way it seems from here.

TXTiger

As others have said this is a Owners Forum. Heartland does monitor it but it is not a factory forum. If your defect was reported during the warranty period it should be covered until resolved. You will get more satisfaction at a resolution if you call Heartland Customer Service directly. Then a plan can be put into motion to correct your defective issue. Heartland has been know to approve warranty work via an independent shop, and may, in the interest of good will, beyond the warranty period. It can't hurt to make the call. Waiting for Heartland to contact you is not the way to go.

kowAlski631

No one hides or sweeps under the rug anything nor is anyone on this OWNERS forum trying to do anything but point you in the right direction so you can get your problems fixed. That it appears to be your dealers fault has also been pointed out to you.

Being rude & snarky does no one any good.

Martha

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

DonnyB007

No one hides or sweeps under the rug anything nor is anyone on this OWNERS forum trying to do anything but point you in the right direction so you can get your problems fixed. That it appears to be your dealers fault has also been pointed out to you.

Being rude & snarky does no one any good.

Martha

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

I'd just get out my caulking gun and give it a touch up until the leak stopped.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
John, If this problem has been going on for 16 months and has not been resolved then in my opinion the issue is with your dealer that did the original repair.
You could have contacted Heartland about this problem months ago if it has been a continuing problem. I would certainly have taken action if I had water
leaking in my unit. You could be pro-active instead of being negative. Some of the problem might be with you not trying to resolve this problem a year ago.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles