Cyclone 3100 and 2012 F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SR

Dober2004

Is the 2012 F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SR going to be OK for our new Cyclone 3100? Anyone else towing one with this type of truck? We will not be putting 'toys' in the hauler so I don't think we ever have it fully loaded. (The garage is more for the dogs). Also this is just weekend camping not full-timing with most trips averaging 3-4 hours each way.

galee78

Dobber2004,
i am pulling a 2011 Big Horn around 16k gvw with my 2010 F350 rwd and have no issues.
As most do, I have to watch my stopping distance.
You just need to know your weight after your loaded.
We took ours to a truck stop and weighed the truck, then camper and then both together.
Total weight around 22k.

Ladiver

Dober2004,

Sounds like you got your 3100 for the same reason we did...the dogs. :) We are never fully loaded with just the wife and I + 2 dogs and 2 birds. I also only travel with a few gallons of water in the tank (for an emergency). We are pulling with a 2013 GMC 3500 CCLB 4x4 SRW. Pulls like a dream. I am sure you will be just fine. My truck rides level when connected with the trailer.

Only thing to remember is stopping distance. Just give yourself LOTS of room.

Safe travels,

Jeff

truknutt

Committed Member
I don't know the weight numbers for your 3100 or your truck so this is just a recommendation...the only thing you might want to look at is the RAWR of your SRW truck and the weight capacity of your tires. Toyhaulers are inherently pin heavy and without any toys in your garage to act as an offset, you may be close on weight. Your truck should pull & stop that 3100 without breathing hard. Have fun!