• Aurora, CO 80014
  • 1-800-678-2267 for reservations
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $ depends if you want to use the leash free area
  • WiFi available: No

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held:
  • Site fee: $10 reservation fee. Then $26/night, plus $9 daily parks pass or $73 annual parks pass.
  • Potluck: possibly...

• Event Leader: skyguy(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Phone number listed is for Colorado Parks Reservation system. Cherry Creek Park / reservoir is very busy on weekends!

This from Monica...

This is what I know so far:
Lou & Marilyn are in site 55
Ronn & Sarah in #52
Mick & Reba in #59
Monica & Don in site # 54
Bill & Ingrid # 57
Bill and Deanna #42

Ronn Greengas is wanting to do some “manly things” with making improvements on RVs by getting ideas from other rig owners prior to the campout and doing them together during the campout. He said he would get something going and mail it out to everyone...just don’t know when that will be...I’m hoping soon. I sent him a reminder.

I will be organizing some “woman stuff”...coffee, watching the men, chatting, getting the band aids ready for the men, chatting some more... I’ll have the ladies bring a hobby they enjoy working on while we chat and keep our eyes on the men-folk...

Al Schlafli
Wagonmaster

Last edited:

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
For those of you who have not made reservations as of Monday, Feb 17, there is a typo in the information: it is $26/night for full hook-up plus a $10 reservation fee. If you have made reservations...you would know the cost:)
I have heard back from Bill & Ingrid...they are in site #57
I have had a suggestion of having a "Dutch oven meal night" (weather permitting). So bring your Dutch oven if you have one...we can have a sign-up/talk about it in April (close to the camp out date).

StarryNight

Wow! We are up to 8 rigs:)
Tena & Craig are in site #43

Don't forget to bring your Dutch oven if you have one.

2ofus

Is this event for Heartland Owners Club Members only. We own a 2013 Heartland Bighorn but have not joined the Owners Club...yet.

Tom & Sharon

danemayer

Is this event for Heartland Owners Club Members only. We own a 2013 Heartland Bighorn but have not joined the Owners Club...yet.

Tom & Sharon
Hi 2ofus,

There's a free introductory membership to the Heartland Owners Club. Can't get any better than that. Here's a link to the club portal.

StarryNight

Tom & Sharon,
You may certainly join the group for our campout!! No memebrship required to join in on Meet & Greets as well as campouts:)
The free membership is a great idea especially if your not sure about joining the Club...several of our members started out with the 1 year intro membership.

You may want to call your reservations in as soon as is possible...Cherry Creek S.P. fills up very quick!

8amps

Hello all, we came to the Loveland M&G today, looked online but no spaces left at CC at this time. Will call them Monday to see if there is a waiting list. (Unless anyone knows...) Hope a spot opens up, if not, we'll be sure to come by for the potluck.

Mary & Phil

Greengas

Hi

Ok, got this posted in the right place this time.

I was thinking (ok, I know that is a dangerous act but nevertheless), we all love our rigs so much that we like nothing better than to modify them, right? Well, how about during our campout, we take advantage of the skill and knowledge that we have between us and do some modding (not sure if that is a word). I for one would love to have a spray nozzle hooked up to my toilet but I do not have the tools or experience to work pex pipe. But no worry, Don has that covered and is willing to help out anyone at the campout who needs plumbing work done (see his input below). While I can't work pex pipe, I can help out with anything that requires woodworking (my woodshop is only 10 minutes from Cherry Creek State Park).

So, what do you need done and what can you help others get done? Here is the input from Don:

Don can help others put in shut-off valves for the washer (hot/cold lines) as well as the toilet. He will supply the needed PEX tools. They will need to purchase the parts; PEX parts can be purchased @ Lowe’s.

Needed supplies for washing machine: 1/2” X 1/2” ball valve (need 2) PEX part #APXV1212
1/2” crimp rings (need 4) PEX part #PXPC1210pk (comes in a pkg of 10)

Needed supplies for toilet: 1/2” X 1/2” ball valve (need 1) PEX part #APXV1212
1/2” crimp rings (need 2) PEX part #PXPC1210pk

**newer models may already have “water distribution manifolds”. They will need to check owners manual.

**storage bay will need to be emptied and wall will need to be removed.

Just use this thread to post your info! The campout is going to be great!

Mahalo

Ronn

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, that sounds like a great idea! Mod-swapping!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow wish I could attend. I just purchased a 2014 Cyclone 4100 King and would love to meet with some locals. I live in Parker so this is right up the road; unfortunately, my daughter graduates from college in San Marcos TX in May and this is the weekend that I take off to drive down and be with her for a couple of weeks. Have fun. Please let us know when more opportunites come up.

jimtoo

Hi TTransport,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yes,, your family comes first and graduation from college is a very important part of her life.

Keep an eye on the forum as the rallies are listed on the portal page well in advance and if your in the area of one,, just come on in.

Enjoy the forum and your new Cyclone.

Jim M

danemayer

Wow wish I could attend. I just purchased a 2014 Cyclone 4100 King and would love to meet with some locals. I live in Parker so this is right up the road; unfortunately, my daughter graduates from college in San Marcos TX in May and this is the weekend that I take off to drive down and be with her for a couple of weeks. Have fun. Please let us know when more opportunites come up.
Hi TTransport,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you click on the EVENTS tab at the top of the page, you can see all the scheduled events. There's a rally in Colorado Springs at the end of May. Here's a link.

BobX2

As of today I am officially an HOC member. We will try and make it down on Saturday and meet some of you folks. Will there be a list of which campsites members will be in?

StarryNight

Hi Bob,
Welcome to HOC.
I will be sending out some info soon about the campout...and campsite #'s will be on the memo:)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I will try to stop by Saturday evening after I get out of work around 5:30 or so . . .

StarryNight

An Update On the Spring Shakedown Camp-out:

In addition to the participants that are listed with their site # on the "initial event" post we also have Connie & Dan site #56 and Tena & Craig site #43. All sites will be in Pioneer Loop.
There will be a M&G for anyone interested in checking out the modifications that will be happening on Saturday,, May 3. The time for the modifying will be from 1pm-5pm-ish...you can come early & stay late. Don't forget your lawn chairs and cooler with whatever "goodies" you may need:cool:
The modifications are (so far) 1) putting in valves for water supply to the washer (to aid in winterizing); 2) putting in a spray nozzle for bathroom cleaning (this will be an "experiment":eek:; and, 3) putting a motion detecting light or regular light on the outside of rig.
I will update again in a couple days if it's necessary.

StarryNight

Colorado has been experiencing some serious winds that past 2-3 days (of course it's nothing like what the central and eastern US has been dealing with!). But it appears that the winds will be dying down and temperatures warming up for our camp-out/M&G this coming weekend.
Hope to see some "new faces" at the M&G this Saturday...we have several new members that have joined over the winter.

8amps

Just wondering what kind of electrical Cherry Creek has, went to the website but it doesn't mention 50 amp, 30 amp, etc. We are getting all the necessities since this will be our first trip and wanted to see what, if any, adapter we need. I know we should have one of each, and we will eventually but trying not overspend at the moment.
Really looking forward to this weekend!
Mary & Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.