Brand of Dual Pane Windows

GaryB

Hi: Does anybody know the brand of the dual pane windows? I think the single pane windows are Hehr brand, but wasn't sure about the dual panes.

BTW - has anybody had problems with their dual pane windows (such as broken seals causing condensation between the panes)?

Thanks

jpmorgan37

Gary

The windows are dual pane, not thermopane, so there is no seal to break and I have never had a condensation problem with mine. Brand is the same.

John

GaryB

Gary

The windows are dual pane, not thermopane, so there is no seal to break and I have never had a condensation problem with mine. Brand is the same.

John

Thanks John!!! Since they aren't thermopane, are they still a worthwhile investment in your opinion? Since I won't be camping in extreme cold, I'm most interested in them from a noise reduction standpoint. Is the noise reduction benefit minor or major?

Thanks again
Gary

SmokeyBare

I decided on Dual pane windows as well Gary. I agree they were well worth the investment. I'd do it again with out question.

Although comparing the difference from other Fifth Wheel's we've owned... is difficult since they have made vast improvements to insulation, heating and Air Condition systems...

Our other brand of RV's would build condensation on the windows when it was cold outside and the heat was working... as well... when the A/C was running... and it was hot and humid outside.

I'm convinced they also make the RV quieter than others we have owned. Sure difficult to judge just how much difference... unless one had two side by side to compare the noise level of each.

Like John... we full time in our BigHorn... We wanted it to be as comfortable a home as we could wish for... and it sure has !

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
FYI there is a company around the Vancouver BC area that does make thermopane windows for RV's if you want to replace them.

jpmorgan37

I would never put a thermopane window in a RV if I was ever going to move it. With all of the flexing that they do over the roads, I can't believe that the seals would last one trip. As to Gary's question, easier to cool in the summer, easier to heat in the winter and definitely a lot of noise reduction.

John

sjrellis

Gary,

To answer your original question, the dual pane windows in our 3670 are Hehr brand. We are in Wisconsin for the winter and they are doing their job! There is a small leak at one of the locks and the rear window has a small gap where I can see daylight that dh will caulk this weekend.