Continue to "freeze" in FL

Theresau

I feel sure those north of FL won't have much sympathy but just have to whine anyway.
Continues to be pretty cold here. FL is having a tough winter as well. In the scheme of things it's only inconvenient and uncomfortable, but that it is....
It was very cold and rainy for days again and then got sunny but the wind is very winter like which dimishes the sun.
We had frost this am - I tried to sit out but just too cold even though sun is shining.
Trailer is doing well with all of this - we've gone throuh 9 propane fills - are learning to use fireplace more often - not sure which will turn out to be more expensive.
There may be a problem with bedroom slide closest to closet as it can feel very cold there. We're going to investigate when we get home. I stuff a pillow there but it's not really helping. Closet isn't overly cold itself.
Windows are staying clear even though low temps - have seen some moisture after we shower in the evening but it's just about a .5 inch at the bottom of the bedroom slide.
Theresa

We

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That is the coldest area in our Landmark...I think it has alot to do with it being the overhang area...the floor is not laminated and there is little to no insulation in the floor in that location.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I feel sure those north of FL won't have much sympathy but just have to whine anyway.
Continues to be pretty cold here. FL is having a tough winter as well. In the scheme of things it's only inconvenient and uncomfortable, but that it is....
It was very cold and rainy for days again and then got sunny but the wind is very winter like which dimishes the sun.
We had frost this am - I tried to sit out but just too cold even though sun is shining.
Trailer is doing well with all of this - we've gone throuh 9 propane fills - are learning to use fireplace more often - not sure which will turn out to be more expensive.
There may be a problem with bedroom slide closest to closet as it can feel very cold there. We're going to investigate when we get home. I stuff a pillow there but it's not really helping. Closet isn't overly cold itself.
Windows are staying clear even though low temps - have seen some moisture after we shower in the evening but it's just about a .5 inch at the bottom of the bedroom slide.
Theresa

We

Ms T

We are still in la but have had some below freezing for several days and still have only used half of what y'all have used in propane. Are y'all on metered electric? We are not and have two space heaters and keep furnace btw 62-65. Just curious why y'all were using so much propane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbvols

I believe the cold is all a matter of perspective. My parents winter in south Fla and complain about being cold when in 60's of course I always chuckle especially when it is in single digits but they truly feel its cold. Yesterday it was around 25degrees and bright full sun. People where out like crazy. We even seen several people sitting outside around big fires. Seems a little crazy but compared to recent weeks was just an awesome day....I didn't even wear a coat all day. Anyway hope it warms up down there for you all. I will be down in mid March on business so looking for some sunshine and warmth.

scottyb

Texas and the southeast have had one of the coldest winters in recent history. When it gets cold and humid at the same time, it's a different kind of cold. We've had many days this winter with temps in the 30's and humidity in the 70-80%, with a 20 mph wind. We have also had many temps in the 20's to high teens. There have been many winters in the past where it might have only froze a couple times over the entire winter. We have missed 1/2 dozed days at work due to the cold alone, because the workers don 't know how to dress for nor are they equipped for cold weather.

Birchwood

I have been in central FL since Dec 1 and have maybe used 1 tank.You must be in northern Fl to use 9 tanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have been in central FL since Dec 1 and have maybe used 1 tank.You must be in northern Fl to use 9 tanks.
We're central FL as well. Two tanks so far but I've been running the HWH on propane just to make sure all is well with it. I like to alternate the fridge as well just to make sure everything is working like it's supposed to.
Mid 50's this morning and wearing shorts. The locals are in jeans & jackets. LOL

Westwind

We are 12 miles south west of the town of Arcadia since January 7 and we have used about 1 1/2 tanks of propane to date, We use our fireplace electric heater which has proved to be a hard worker, our electric bill with the W/D going sometimes twice a day, electric Fireplace and hot water heater is about $72 dollars (January). So far I'm pleased with what it is costing us. We sleep with the trailer furnace set on 62, like it cold for sleeping but warm it up first thing in the morning, and the sun takes over for the rest of the day. Right now the AC is going and by the end of the week we will be sleeping with the AC on because temps will be up in the 80's during the day. It's snowing at home, AGAIN!