Fall Colors in New England

Two Hands

The wife and I are planning to take the Big Horn to New England to see the fall colors in late September, early October of this year. We sure would like some advice from those of you who live in New England or have made a similar trip. We have gotten a lot of information from different web sites. However, all of the information is aimed toward those who fly in, rent a car and stay in hotels. We are hoping to learn how to see New England by fifth wheel.

We thought we might start by spending a few days sightseeing in New York City. Has anyone stayed at the Liberty Harbor RV Park in Jersey City, NJ - "the closest RV Park to NYC?"

Then we planned on a circular route through New England by going north on I-91, east on SR 2 then south on I-95. We will spend several days doing this, but don't know how long yet. Or is there a better route.

Are there any places we just have to see, any places we should avoid? Are there any campgrounds, public or private, that you would recommend? Are there any we should avoid?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!