So Close.....

creeper

The dealers certainly make it hard to make a purchase...

Too much wheeling and dealing....

One Heartland Dealer can't/won't order a Bighorn... They told me can't order.... They are even listed on Heartland's site as a Bighorn dealer.... I think Heartland needs to update that...

Had a price at other dealer, agreed over the phone, fax me the details and upon approval I'll give credit card deposit, then they try pulling the used car salesman routine... Give me a credit card to hold the unit and we'll fax you the info... What the heck.. Hold the unit ?????? IT's an order...

I love the new catch phrase, "What can I do to earn your business"... As soon as I hear that I start to torture them....

I've made million dollars sales deals on cocktail napkins and these yahoos can't do a little RV deal without the high pressure , nonsense...

Okay, I vented..

Soon to be a Bighorn owner one way or another...

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We had good results contacting Heartland's info email which they forwarded to the rep for our region. He made all the difference when it came to getting a dealer to treat us right. I'm not just talking about money here, but about getting a salesman to treat us with respect and stop playing silly little games like keeping us waiting for hours in the cold with no access to water while he was supposedly getting us answers to our questions.

It couldn't hurt to try...

Good Luck.

BTW We've had nothing but good luck from that dealership since. From sales to service, they have been great.

geeksrus

If you know what model you want contact RV Price Busters, wholesaler out of Springfield Ohio.

They gave us a great deal.

EH!

linuxkidd

I'll second the RVPricebusters.com... We bought our Landmark through them ( Dealt with Brent )... ABSOLUTELY TOP KNOTCH the whole way! They are the internet side of BestBuy RVs ( 2 lots, Springfield, OH and Richmond, IN )

LK

billd

When I got mine, the slaes guy came back with a price, I wrote a price I was willing to accept and told him to bring the Sales GM back with him. The GM came back split the difference in price and I signed the contract.

Talk to the sales gm at the dealership, sales people dont set the pricing.

Bill

boatdoc

I hear ya creeper!!!

After traveling to 3 dealers and getting the same lame sales pitches, we called the factory and got the region rep's name and number and within minutes he called us back and I kind of in a way, let him have it about these so-called sales guys. He asked what we were looking for and 20 minutes later called back with a name and number. We sealed the deal on our new 09 3670 over the phone and picked it up 1 day later, 5 hours away. NO haggleing, NO numbers game, NO BS. It wasn't even on their lot yet but knew it was close. They had it a total of 28 hours when we drove out with it. They gave us the best number they could and we thought it was more than fair for this highly sought after Trailer. It has more than what we wanted on it but we are very glad we ended up with the added extras.
Call the rep, he'll find you a dealer that won't mess around!!!!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Boatdoc,
who did you wind up buying from? We had the same issue with the locals, which is why we went to Sacramento.

creeper

I know have 3 faxes with three different prices, assorted fees, they took money off one place and put in another... I told the salesman I've sold cars, boats and was a regional sales manger for a major electronics store and to cut the crapola as I know all the tricks/tactics (which they tried nearly all on me) or I'm walking.

All of sudden the numbers started to get correct.. I felt bad for the kid as he is new and they have a "TEAM" of hot shots teaching them the ropes in the store for a couple of weeks.

If I told you all the nonsense they tried you would not believe it. Heartland needs more dealers out there...

One step closer to our 3400RL........

Rickhansen

You may want to speak with Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. You'll find their price and service very competitive. We received our '09 3670 from them (Dec. 21), delivered to us in North Carolina, substantially cheaper than anything we found. They also list on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:

creeper

You may want to speak with Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. You'll find their price and service very competitive. We received our '09 3670 from them (Dec. 21), delivered to us in North Carolina, substantially cheaper than anything we found. They also list on eBay.

Thanks, spoke with them. Price was far more. That's why I'm sticking with the nonsense..