Roof decking coming loose

jstates

I have a 2009 29RK Sundance and the roof decking has lifted in one spot on the roof. It is approx a 4"x6" area. At this time it has only put slight pressure on the roof membrane, but if it lifts anymore it will tear the membrane. It is lifting mid-trailer on the curb side, has any one had this problem?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have a 2009 29RK Sundance and the roof decking has lifted in one spot on the roof. It is approx a 4"x6" area. At this time it has only put slight pressure on the roof membrane, but if it lifts anymore it will tear the membrane. It is lifting mid-trailer on the curb side, has any one had this problem?

jstates, I don't recall hearing of any problems like you describe. It sounds as if a few staples have let loose. Pictures would help. It sounds like a trip to a reputable dealer is in order.

brianharrison

I had a portion of the decking come loose under the EPDM. A couple of screws and a roof patch from Dicor was the HL warranty approved patch - outside of warranty I would do the same.

Brian

Hi, I have a 2010 28 foot Sundance and the roof decking is lifting on it. It is putting pressure on the roof membrane. On our trailer, it is lifting near the highest part of the roof. Dealer will not do anything, Heartland will not fix it.
Marjorie & Jackie Keith, Antigonish, NS.

danemayer

Hi, I have a 2010 28 foot Sundance and the roof decking is lifting on it. It is putting pressure on the roof membrane. On our trailer, it is lifting near the highest part of the roof. Dealer will not do anything, Heartland will not fix it.
Marjorie & Jackie Keith, Antigonish, NS.
Hi marjorielk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear you're having a problem but I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say the Dealer will not do anything.

Unless this trailer sat on the dealer lot for 3 years or so waiting for a buyer, a 2010 is well out of warranty - have you asked the dealer to give you an estimate on what it will cost to fix the problem?

By the way, if it was sitting around on the lot for years, it may not have received regular maintenance on the caulking, which could be the cause of the problem.

John T Bettencourt

My Landmark roof did the same thing. It is a 2009 and started to lift when the trailer was 18 months old. I sent pictures to Heartland and they would not do anything about it. As luck would have it,last winter a high wind storm came up and put a tree on the roof. The tree put six holes in the membrane. A very good RV repair shop replaced the whole roof. They had told me that the decking was not put on correctly in the first place. Decking now is flat after the new roof repair.

donr827

My Landmark roof did the same thing. It is a 2009 and started to lift when the trailer was 18 months old. I sent pictures to Heartland and they would not do anything about it. As luck would have it,last winter a high wind storm came up and put a tree on the roof. The tree put six holes in the membrane. A very good RV repair shop replaced the whole roof. They had told me that the decking was not put on correctly in the first place. Decking now is flat after the new roof repair.

If the problem was with the way Heartland built the trailer you think that they would be willing to help with the repair.
Don