UDC Compartment door on 3210

truknutt

Committed Member
It would be great if there were struts mounted to this door to hold it open while accessing the UDC during hookups/unhooks etc. When the bedroom slide is out the door must be held by a second person so as not to dent/gouge the door on the corner of the slider. I had thought of a door clip (as on the other cargo door) to hold it up while the slider is closed but, I know my luck...someone inside would open the slides and rip the door off the hinge!

I would be willing to purchase a retro-fit kit with hardware & templates for bracket location if it were offered.

Thanks for a beautiful rig.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I was looking at your pictures and that door must just hit the slide by an inch or so. Too bad they couldn't of made the door just short enough to clear. Our Bighorn has gas struts on that door and when the slide is out the door opens till it touches the slide out. When the slide is in, the door goes all the way up. You can purchase the struts at most truck accessory shops.

Loco

Our 3795 has struts also on the door. Holds it up just below slideout when it is out.

davelinde

our 2009 3210 was delivered with struts on both side basement doors and a latch on the front basement door. I like the setup a lot - guess it was a running change on the 09 production.

rvansnick

Here is a copy of post that I received in "Ask the Factory" about this issue. Real pain in the a-- trying to hook up the water and cable and holding the door open with your head. Read below and call them. If they wont give it to you, it only cost $20.00 for the kit.

Heres the copy of the reply:
Yes, on the Bedroom slide side there should be a strut to hold the cargo door open. Do you see any drilled holes as if one might have been on? If not please contact me at the factory so we can send you one. Thank you, Greg /Cyclone/Razor Division

Last edited by a moderator: