Is Published Length of 3055RL Correct?

GaryB

Hi

I'm considering a 3055RL because it's one of the "shorter" Big Horn models (also the floorplan is pretty nice). However, I've read in a few posts here that the stated length (34 ft 4 inches) is not correct and that, in fact, it is longer than that. Butch at RVs4Less also mentioned this to me (I'm not referring to the fact that the extended pinbox adds some length; I'm referring to the claim that the stated length is not correct as compared to those of other Big Horn models)

Does anybody know what the correct length is? If the 3055RL is, in fact, only a few inches shorter than some other models, maybe I'll consider those models also.

Thanks
Gary

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Gary
I have not measured our 3055rl so can't comment on the length. We love our unit though. Good luck and Heartland is great to deal with.
Rand

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We do not have a 3055 but I have measured our 3400. The published length for our 2007 was 36' 11". We got that measurement but in was INSIDE the coach from the front wall in the closet to the back wall under the window. Almost exactly 36' 11". I would think that goes for the 3055 as well. 33' 7" inside.

ChopperBill

When we bought ours the published length was 33' 7". Never did measure it but it sure looks long especially when we double tow!

jimtoo

I measured mine just now, and as close as I can aligning with the side it measures 35'. This is the outer shell, the ladder on the rear will add about 4" and the part of the hitch extending in front of the pin is 6". (The fifth wheel pin is inline with the front cap) So if you were going to park it in an enclosed garage you would need 36'.

Two Hands

The wife and I had a concern about the length of the Bighorn when we were shopping. We wanted to make sure it would fit along side our house. We took a tape measure to the dealer and measured it stem to stern. It was the right fit, and, I think, the numbers were very near those stated in the brochure.

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
Longer than it says!

My wife and I were down to two Bighorn's. The 3055rl and the 3370rl. It was coming down to crunch time and I read a post in this forum that stated that the 3055 was not what they had stated and was actually much longer. I thought that maybe we would find that they were all that way? I went up to the dealer with a 50' tape and found the 3055 just a hair over 35' :confused: so when I went to measure the 3370, which had a listed length of 36' 3", I thought I would find a measurement of close to 38'. Not so, the 3370 was right where they said it was on an outside measurement. With the difference then being only a foot or so, and the fact that the 3055 weighed in heavier with a 200 lb heavier hitch weight, we went with the 3370. As it turned out, not only did we like the 3370 for the weight, we loved the other features it had over the 3055. We love the 3055 so please do not misunderstand, we just ended up going the other way. Not a problem as long as it's a Bighorn! ;)

vangoes

As with all 5vers, what exactly does the published length represent? Ironically, the storage lot where I store my 3055 just did a audit of the units in their place (they charge by the foot). They sent me a letter stating that they was going to charge me for 36' and the measurements was from the tip of the hitch pin to the ladder on the rear. I have not verified this but I would guess that it is close to these numbers.