NuWa and following posts

I am a new member of the Heartland group. We purchased our Bighorn last spring and spent the summer doing several week trips and lots of weekend trips in our beloved Michigan. 2008 will be the first time we take the rig out of state - 2 planned trips. I found it interesting to read all these posts. Of what industry cannot all these same things be said about? Personally, I am in the automotive industry and if you want to talk about QC requirements - I have plenty of complaints as a supplier to what is really now the Big Six. That being said we love our 3055RL. Does it duplicate floor plans of other manu? You bet. But it is large enough and not too small for us. Does it have problems? Minor - nothing major. A cupboard door that comes off here, a few minor problems with the dealer - not the unit. We shopped for two years for this unit. Basically I think with everyone it boils down to "How much bang can I get for my buck?" With all the money in the world I would probably have looked elsewhere, if I was going to live in the unit year round I would probably look elsewhere. But I am completely pleased with our purchase, the quality of the unit and most especially what we considered the "extras" it had to offer. We both agreed we were getting the most bang for the buck. I have not had any contact with the manu as it has not been necessary - no problems that major. We are looking forward to a great 2008 camping season and two major trips. (By the way - any info on trips to Lexington, KY and Williamsburg will be appreciated). One more thing - the towing ability of both the truck and the ability of the driver I think should be considered. If an idiot with no experience is pulling an oversized rig with an underpowered truck he is going to have trouble. :confused: Lucky for me, our truck is overpowered for our rig and my husband has been towing stuff since he was 14 and if anything is over-experienced. Have a great season all!:)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Lexington has the Kentucky Horse Park. Not much else around here (where I am writing this reply from). While I have not stayed at KHP, it is quite popular around here and from the road looks very clean. It is just east of exit 120 on I-75 north of Lexington. I think Jim Beletti has stayed here before.

jbeletti

redrockshara,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum! You've had a busy couple of hours having just joined and already 3 posts. Thank you for sharing. Neat to hear you guys love your trailer and love using it. Consider joining us in Branson for our big rally in June. Or head to Springfield, IL and join me for the IL chapter rally in August.

As for Lexington, KY - Chuck is right, we've stayed at the KHP several times and enjoyed it. As Linuxkidd will tell you, the KHP is not everyone's cup of tea but it worked for us for a couple days here and there. And if you enjoy horsing around, you can visit the horse farm/museum on the property. Many retired race horses live out their days there.

One thing we did is take a horse farm tour. A van picked us up at the KHP Museum office and took us to 3 horse farms. Great tours and got to see some valuable horses and learn a lot about horsiculture (I think I just created a new word).

Hope to meet you guys one day,

Jim