Singing from propane line

Pulltab

All of the sudden our propane tank has started singing when the furnace or water heater is running. If you go out and hold your hand of the tank you can feel it vibrating. Tank is near empty but I have never had these harmonic vibrations before, any clues as to what may cause it?

timk

I had a bbq do that, the q guy said don't worry about it. Something about a full tank blah, blah, blah, kaboom. I don't remember the details, but I got a new bbq. Time for a new 5ver.

jbeletti

Tab,

This may or may not be what is happening to you but this is what Google search turned up from the Weber BBQ site:
Humming or whistling from the regulator: Outside temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and the gas level within the tank may cause the rubber diaphragm inside the regulator to vibrate, making a humming or whistling sound. Although this sound may be alarming, this is NOT dangerous as long as it is not accompanied by the smell of gas. If the humming sound persists, a change in atmospheric conditions will eventually stop the vibration.

Pulltab

Thanks Jim, I was thinking air conditions is the only thing I could imagine. It is plenty humid with all the rain and warm weather, the warm temps of the air combining with the cooler temps of the propane. I assume once the weather stabilizes it will cure itself. Appreciate the info!