Carpeting on interior stairs

We are in the process of buying an Elkridge 34TSRE and it has wide, curved, carpeted stairs going from the kitchen area up to the bed/bath area. I am wondering what I can do to keep the carpeting nice looking...? Or are there mats made specifically for these stairs that could help the carpeting from getting matted down and dirty? Thanks for your help on this!

John & Jackie Tice
Maumelle, AR
*First Time RV-ers!*

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Our Bighorn has a similar floor plan with the curved carpeted stair.
We are not full time, but use it a lot. Including three month winter trips.
We try to remove our shoes when entering and the carpet still looks good.
We use a Hoover Wind Tunnel to keep it clean.
Oh, welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly knowledgeable people here.

Peace
Dave

Westwind

Yup - Not allowed to wear outside shoes inside! - Wife vacuums just about every day - haven't figured out what is vacuumed up. Our Bighorn is going on it's third season of use, we are Florida snowbirds (4-months) and the carpeting looks good. I never thought it would hold up and look this good. Once the stairs get looking poor I'm going to install wood stair treads.

alex00

We are in the process of buying an Elkridge 34TSRE and it has wide, curved, carpeted stairs going from the kitchen area up to the bed/bath area. I am wondering what I can do to keep the carpeting nice looking...? Or are there mats made specifically for these stairs that could help the carpeting from getting matted down and dirty? Thanks for your help on this!

John & Jackie Tice
Maumelle, AR
*First Time RV-ers!*

We tried a rug on our SOB fiver, but the stairs weren't curved. It still wanted to move around. With the curved steps you are dealing with some compound curves, making everything except a custom made rug almost impossible. I'd wait until the carpet got ratty, rip it up to a nice transition above the stairs and add some type of wood or tile floor that tied the carpet and the existing laminate flooring together.