Going to look at a 2014 Elkridge E28 5er tomorrow any advice/opinions??

West1134

Wife and I are first time RV buyers with a RV show about a week away. Found a 2014 Elkridge E28 at a local dealer for $26k and it fits nearly everything on our checklist for what we want for a trailer.

We are pulling with a 2006 Chevy 2500 Duramax short bed. We have a pad at my father-in-laws house to park it at, which is close to our house, and we plan to travel around the NW experiencing different campgrounds.

We are planning to utilize this trailer for just the two of us for the next year, year and a half before we try and start a family, in which we plan (at this point) to have two kids. We have plans / no issues with having the kids sleep on the dinette & fold out couch when the time comes, so we feel this trailer could fit our needs for the next 5-7yrs.

Is there any concerns, advices, opinions, or comments regarding this model that I'm going to see tomorrow before I meet with the dealer? I appreciate anyone's info. Thanks in advance!

http://www.apachecamping.com/inventory.php?status=new&type=fifth-wheels&id=2602

jimtoo

Hi West1134,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like a good plan,,, start young and make lots of great memories that will last a life time. If you have questions, just ask, someone will give you some help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

West1134

Thanks, I hope today's meeting goes well and this is the trailer for us. I will post up with an update later. If anyone has any opinions on this trailer before I meet with the dealer, I'm eager to hear what you have to say.