pocket door trap

vtwin

While cleaning my new 3055 I closed the pocket door while in the bed area. Once finished with the clening, the door would not open. Alone at the time but packing a cell phone, I called my neighbor who took his time getting to my home which is in a rural area of Texas.

After an hour of trying to figure out how the door was hung, we finally managed to take the door off the slide. What we found was that one screw had backed out which prevented the roller from moving in the hanger slide rail. Closer inspection indicated that all of the screws were loose and at least one had fallen out. It was obvious that the screws were too short for their purpose, allowing only a quarter inch into the wood.

While I replaced two or three of the screws with longer ones, I could not reach back in the pocket where two others were missing. At the moment the door is secure however when closed, and because the back of the rail is still hanging down, the door is not plum with the wall.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OTHER THAN REMOVING THE SHOWER OR FRIGE??????

ct0218

You might try a long ratchet extension (24+ inches) and a 1/4 socket with a phillips driver bit, Attach all that to a cordless drill snd you should be able to get it secured. It will be tough getting enough pressure to get the screw in with your arm extended, but it can be done. I used this method on a home pocket door which was quite a bit larger than these RV sized doors.

We had the same thing happen to us. As it was on the return from our first outing we took it back to the dealer and had them mess with it.

linda-roy

Had this happen while in arizona. Took the pocket door out and replaced all the screws with 11/4'' *8 wood screws. Also a dab of wood glue on each screw.
Now door is very secure and level. Time invoved was about 2 hrs.

Linda & Roy
2008 3055RL *9555
2005 Chev. D/A 4x4 c.c. sb
W/reese 16K and 5th airborn hitch

jbeletti

Had my pocket door brackets come off the door after some very rough travel through KY & TN. I used larger, longer deck screws and I put Gorilla Glue into the screw holes first. No problems thereafter.