Campfire starter:This item is great, been searching for it for a long time, found them here: Link inside post

iawoody2

I have been making my fire starters for years. Use a waxpaper nut cup (about 2in diameter) fill we a mixture of saw dust and hot candle wax. Tear a small portion of the wax paper loose and put into wood for fire and light the torn corner. These work great and cost near nothing.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have been making my fire starters for years. Use a waxpaper nut cup (about 2in diameter) fill we a mixture of saw dust and hot candle wax. Tear a small portion of the wax paper loose and put into wood for fire and light the torn corner. These work great and cost near nothing.

Paper towel or toilet paper tubes and paper egg cartons all work well as replacements for the waxpaper nut cups.

alex00

Thank you for the idea. I had no idea what a wax paper nut cup was. Google is not always your freind.

123camper

I make my fire starters using candle wax and saw dust but I pour the mixture into paper egg cartons. I just tear one off and light the paper, works great and easy or store. I have heard of people using dryer lint instead of saw dust. I think the sea dust would burn a litter hotter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

priorguy

I've seen many campgrounds that sell these in their shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcwettstein

All we do is pour wax into the paper egg carton. no saw dust. use old candle wax. Works great and not as messy as using the saw dust.