Looking to buy new Big Country 3650RL

elky66

We are new to the Heartland line of campers. We've had mostly Keystone, currently have a Forest River Cardinal and not real happy with it.

Anyway, we are looking at this Big Country model and would like to know if anyone has this floorplan and how they like it?

Our son has a Big Horn and he likes it and basically had no trouble with it.

These things cost so much, want to make sure we check out all we can.

Thanks for any input!!

Keith & Christy

jimtoo

Hi Keith and Christy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some answers soon from other Heartland family members that have that unit. We do have good customer support from the factory and this is the best forum there is.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Gaffer

We really liked the Cardinal until we compared it to the Bighorn. We bought the Bighorn. The current Big Country which rolls of the same line as the Bighorn and Landmark is a great unit. Our next fiver will be a Big Country.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have had 3 Heartlands and have just ordered our 4th one. We started out in a mid profile Sundance, then a Big Country 3250 for 5 years before moving up to the Big Country 3650. Had it for 3 years, loving the unit and lived in it for a couple of years full time while hubby was on a work assignment. We just sold it to as we have ordered a Landmark. The 3650 is a great camper for being a weekend warrior or full-timing in. You won't go wrong.

elky66

Thanks for the input!!

Nathan, I see you pulled the 3650 with an SRW truck and I also see you now have a dually. Evidently, you didn't like how the SRW handled the camper?

Hi Keith and Christy!
We just purchased our first RV in February - a Big Country 3650RL. We also just went full timeing and we really like it.

We would recommend that if you don't buy the 5th wheel at a close-by dealer, that you stay overnight in their parking lot or nearby and put everything to a test. We purchased ours from Camping World and everyone was really good to us. Luckily we stayed overnight in it - which is when we found out the we had a defective furnace. They came out late at night to work on it, and then promptly replaced it the next day.

We also had a problem with the stackable washer - it had a defective control board (which was apparently a known issue with the Splendide Ariston). Even though the dealer put then through a test we didn't find out about the washer until we had towed it a few states away.

As far as the layout etc, the 3650RL works really well for us. Good luck in your decision!

cmac6506

Hi, we picked up our 3650 last May and love it. We had a few small issues but they were was taken care of right away. I just love the layout. My favourites are: Being able to shave my legs in the full size shower, get to the washroom and fridge with the slides in and not have to crane our necks when watching TV. Let me know if you have any questions. We just sold the sticks and brick house and will be full timing as of July.

lynndiwagoner

We've had ours now for about 6 months. For us it is the perfect floorplan. Towing with a modified Chevy SRW. I've been several thousand miles, up and down hills, through windy conditions, big city driving, with no problems. You'll love it.....