Toilet seal off center

JanAndBill

The seal in our toilet has moved slightly off center. Can this be slid back without taking the thing apart?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your toilet is the 300 series you should have no problem doing that.
Ours toilet water periodically leaks out of the bowl.
I just don a rubber glove, open the ball valve and massage the seal back in place. Problem solved for a while.
You can remove the seal by holding the pedal down and with the ball valve open just pull the seal out.

Peace
Dave

JanAndBill

We have the Thetford Aqua-magic Style II. The seal is not leaking - yet, (still holds water in the bowl) but it has slid to one side. After donning the "rubber glove" I attempted to re-center it but it wouldn't budge. I downloaded the manual from Thetford and it appears you have to remove the toliet and disassemble it to replace the seal. So, I guess the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule will apply for awhile.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the Thetford Aqua-magic Style II. The seal is not leaking - yet, (still holds water in the bowl) but it has slid to one side. After donning the "rubber glove" I attempted to re-center it but it wouldn't budge. I downloaded the manual from Thetford and it appears you have to remove the toliet and disassemble it to replace the seal. So, I guess the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule will apply for awhile.

Interesting... I wonder if Heartland changed suppliers? I normally see Dometic brands toilets in Bighorns. If it's similat to the Older Dometic 200, the seal is easy to change. It only requires removing the upper half of the toilet and the base stays put. About a 20 minute job.

JanAndBill

According to the manual, you have to pull the toliet and then disassemble. With my 4 thumbs probably more like 2 hrs. LOL

product_style_ii.jpg