TV Mount On Side Of Trailer

triley2280

We just purchased a Trail Runner, which has the aluminum ribbed siding. I want to mount a bracket outside under the speakers so I can use the livingroom TV out side. Anyone ever done this?

HornedToad

On my last two SOB TT's with aluminum siding I used a TV mount and corrugated panel seals from Home Depot to hang a TV outside. I was able to trim the foam seal with an x-acto knife to where I could snug the mount against the aluminum siding. I have this same set up on my current TH flush mounted to the fiberglass siding where I can connect to the cable/power outlets in the basement. In the TT's I had to run the coaxial cable out the window.

When I was looking for those links I ran across a hard plastic seal that depending on the spacing might have worked better OR You may be able to find a seal cut specifically for the trailer siding at an RV supply store?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ready-America-Travel-TV-Wall-Mount-Kit-MRV3500/203001655

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Palruf-36-in-White-Horizontal-Foam-Closure-Strips-5-Pack-92521/100049309

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Suntuf-24-in-Horizontal-Plastic-Closure-Strips-6-Pack-92770/100067957

HornedToad

Before you buy any mount/TV make sure the VESA bolt pattern for the mount/TV match. The specs for that mount from Home Depot list a 27 inch / 40 lbs max, that is a 32 inch / 10 lb TV in the photos and the mount swivels which you cannot really tell from the photos.

TV Mount 1.jpg TV Mount 2.jpgTV Mount 3.jpgTV Mount 4.jpgTV Mount 5.jpg

Boxrkisses

Thanks for this post...I was wondering how we were going to do this to our new trailer....On nice days and nights would always rather be outside rather than inside.
Thanks again.

triley2280

I like that horizontal mount a lot. Not as bulky compared to most that are squared. Plus you are guranteed to hit a stud with each screw. I imagine you used some type of sealent for the screws, like caulking. My other concern is having a swivel TV extended out. Seems like it would add a lot of stress on bracket. But if its just a 10 lb TV then you probably haven't had any problems. Thanks for sharing, looks sharp.

triley2280

Screws used on mount.

Hey Horned Toad. I bought the bracket and was looking at the mounting screws and they will be to long for my location. I have a swivel TV, it swivels from livingroom to bedroom. Did you or anyone else have experience using this mount with shorter screws?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: Screws used on mount.

I am using a similar bracket with short screws (1 1/4"). so far no problems. I am using it with a 24inch/9 lb TV.
37.jpg

HornedToad

I did use shorter screws... If I remember the mount came with 2 inch screws and they were going to be close on the inside mount. My outside mount was into the basement so I used the longer screws.

stratcat

you will probably have better luck mounting directly above the wheel well. then run your coax under the trailer to the tv. If you mount near the speakers how do you plan on running the coax without taking the interior ceiling apart. a lot depends on your model.

god luck keep us posted on the results.