Any campgrounds on East coast where dogs can swim?

Dober2004

What are some of the most pet friendly campgrounds on the East Coast that you have visited. Preferably from NY to SC. I have a dog who loves the water. Would really like to find a place where the dogs can enjoy the water also.

caissiel

My sister had a great time with her pet in Myrtle Beach with her pet on the beach at proper time, like early in the morning.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We go to a state park in SC every fall with dogs. The park is on the north end of the island therefore when there isn't many folks out on the beach, we turn the dogs loose for a quick run. From the campground to the northern creek outlet is over a mile to they really enjoy themselves. The park rules state that dogs are to be leashed at all times but since it's off season, they usually don't say anything unless turtles are hatching and then we definitely don't let them run.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dober2004, Please consider joining the Owners Club and joining us at Castaway's for the Maryland Rally in September. Introductory membership is free and we would love the opportunity to meet you.

currituck0209

Castaways rv park, berlin md, next to ocean city, beautiful rv park, with human beach & a beach just for dogs.

Miller0758

Thank you all! Just booked a few days at Castaway this summer. It looks like a great place!!!
We're headed there the last week of August for the first time. We've heard great things about the campground. Take Deb's advice and join up with the owners club ... we can use some more NJ folks.

jrzygrl64

Bill and I just stayed at Castaways last Sept and while a bit pricey - it is a great campground! Tiki Bar right on the beach and the dog beach is great for dogs that like the water!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Check out Ivy Acres in Greenville Sc. They don't have many amenities except for giant open spaces for your dog to run and the Saluda river where dogs can swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk