Just ordered a 2014 33KBSS

rodebiker

We have just ordered a new 33BKSS with all the fixin's (including dual pane windows) and can't wait till it arrives. Does anyone know what sound system head unit will be included in our camper? No one seems to know with any absolute certainty. Also looking to purchase a Hensley or Propride hitch so if anybody has one to sell...

jimtoo

Hi rodebiker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully one of the members will jump in soon with the information your looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

priorguy

Sounds great. Congratulations on your new purchase. There are online deals for those hitches from time to time so keep a look out for one. Also check Craig's list, eBay, Kijiji and other sites. Kind if a limited market so if you find one buy it. Good luck in you search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodebiker

Taken delivery and already done our shakeout trip. Absolutely love this camper! So much nicer than our last unit. Has space to actually move around without running into each other. Still learning our way around the camper and haven't had any major issues. However there is one nagging occurrence that has me perplexed. Ever since we picked up the camper. Even before we used any of the waste tanks, there has been a strong methane like smell coming from the camper. At first, I thought we had a propane leak, but confirmed that that is not the case by turning off the tanks, and still finding the odor present. We have been out with the camper once, and used and drained the black and grey tanks, but I have confirmed the smell is coming from what I believe to be the black tank vent by climbing on the roof and doing a smell test. Can smell it if your within a few feet of the camper and the wind is just right. I dont know if I'm just being a little oversensitive and this is typical or if this is something abnormal. I cant walk past the camper without smelling the methane odor. This camper is two weeks old. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you smell this when you are out camping or all the time.
If you leave your dump valves open while at a campground you will get odors from the sewer system venting through your rig.

Peace
Dave

rodebiker

Whatever is causing the odor was present when we picked up the unit from the dealer. I first noticed it when we arrived home with the unit the first day. Can only smell it outside the camper, not inside, thank goodness.

Ron

rodebiker

I am now of the belief that the odor is the adhesive used in construction. I have detected the same odor in other trailers while walking around the dealership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rodebiker

LasVegasJeff - I do believe that you and I are the only ones out here with a 33BKSS! Great camper! We love it a lot! Starting to get chilly here now though so I guess we'll have to bed her down for the winter.

bcochran

Just got our 33BKS two weeks ago and love it after our first trip out this past weekend. We did lose heat the first night :( Luckily it was just a 15A fuse that blew. Guess we got a little surge. Will be ordering a whole package of those tonight!