Hydraulic front legs only work on the remote

Lozza

:mad:This is a strange one,2012 Big Country with front Hydraulic legs,contolled by the remote or the outside landing gear switch.
I replaced the rocker switch with a better switch 8 months ago as it failed,the new switch has not been a problem,however today the front legs will only operate by using the remote,if I use the exterior rocker switch the legs will not operate,it doesn't appear to be the switch as the hydraulic legs motor operates however no up or down movement.
I do have another new switch which I am going to try.
Has anyone heard of this problem before?

I reside in Australia.

Regards Laurie.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
G'Day Laurie.
Have you checked that all the wires are still connected?
If so then it kinda sounds like the switch is not telling the valves to open or close.
I would try the new switch. Give it a burl.

Peace
Dave

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Also follow the wire from switch and check for inline fuse.....had same issue with my 2011 BC, replacement fuse fixed that problem. Good luck!!

Lozza

False alarm it appears the RV repair shop had removed the wires to the switch when getting access to the bedroom floor to fix a squeak,they reconnected the switch in correctly.
i noticed the incorrect wiring as I had written down the wiring diagram when I had replaced the switch last year in Alice Springs.