Can TV audio (Sansui) in Sundance 3270res be played through the Genesis GT-2.0 surround sound system?

sailsmith

We just brought home a 2014 Sundance 3270res last week and are taking our first road trip on Friday. The unit has a Genesis GT-2.0 unit and a Sansui TV. I assume that the DVD audio will be played through the "surround sound" Genesis system. Is there a way to play the TV through the Genesis? In my previous trailer, my TV had an 3.5 plug that could be connected to the radio.

danemayer

Hi sailsmith,

The TV output is typically not connected to the surround sound input at the factory or by the dealer. It's usually set up so that DVDs and the radio play through the surround sound and TV plays through the TV.

You'll have to check the back panel (or the manual) on the TV for what types of audio output connectors are available. Your Genesis 2.0 should have a Digital Coax Audio input. If the TV has a Digital Coax Audio output, you just need the right cable. We have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that shows how to make the connection and what cable you need.

danemayer

If you both systems have digital coax connection you can use a Toslink cable. However you hookup turn off the TV speakers and just use the surround system. This is the cable as well as best source on internet, very fast ship http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022901&p_id=1447&seq=1&format=2 if you don't have any HDMI cables you may want 2 as well.
Digital audio coax and Toslink are different. Check the actual connectors on your TV and get the correct cable.

TXTiger

I used RCA out from the television and RCA into my Jensen AM/FM/DVD player to get the sound from the television to go to the ceiling speakers. They are not really surround sound but better then the television sound. I used Aux1 for the imput to the Jensen and mute the television.

priorguy

Can TV audio (Sansui) in Sundance 3270res be played through the Genesis GT-2....

Sane as TwoToes for me but I had to replace my Touch Audio system with a Jensen first. Favourite mod so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I used RCA out from the television and RCA into my Jensen AM/FM/DVD player to get the sound from the television to go to the ceiling speakers. They are not really surround sound but better then the television sound. I used Aux1 for the imput to the Jensen and mute the television.

I will need to try this on my rig. Thanks for posting.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just brought home a 2014 Sundance 3270res last week and are taking our first road trip on Friday. The unit has a Genesis GT-2.0 unit and a Sansui TV. I assume that the DVD audio will be played through the "surround sound" Genesis system. Is there a way to play the TV through the Genesis? In my previous trailer, my TV had an 3.5 plug that could be connected to the radio.
If you figure this out please post what you did to make it work. I tried with the RCA cables on mine and the TV just didn't seem to output a high enough audio level for it to work.