Hybrid furnace

Seren

Has anyone had any experience using the "Cheap Heat" hybrid furnace? I have seen it offered and am considering it as an dealer add-on at RV's For Less. But, since it is a relatively new thing I was wondering if anyone has used it. Seems like a good idea especially for places that do not charge for electric. I did a search but found very little on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimtoo

You might do a lot of research and get a firm price before you have it added on. I saw on another forum someplace that is was about a $1500 add on.

Please let us know what you do and how much it will cost if you go for it.

Jim M

Seren

You might do a lot of research and get a firm price before you have it added on. I saw on another forum someplace that is was about a $1500 add on.

Please let us know what you do and how much it will cost if you go for it.

Jim M

That is about the right price. I really don't see a need for it unless It is worth the cost, by saving money using electric vice propane and is reliable.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We saw a demo of it at Goshen last summer and it looks good to me. It bolts onto the back side of the furnace and uses the existing duct work to distribute the heat. Here is the company website. I would think that if you're in a park that pays your electricity, it would be a no-brainer. If not, I'm not sure which would be cheaper, propane or electricity.

caissiel

I guess it's no worst then $1300 option for the fireplace.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I had it put on by RV's for Less on my new Key Largo. We used it while spending the weekend at RV's for Less for the PDI and it worked great. I will be giving it a second test this coming weekend. So Far So Good!

Seren

I wonder how many of us it will take to make such a mod before the freebie electric goes bye-bye!

Hmmm, good point, but from what I have seen looking at campsites, there are a lot of them that are in the northern half of the US and are open during the winter that already charge for electric, probably because they know that a lot have electric space heaters and fireplaces.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
It would be a good backup option for central heat when the propane freezes up or runs out at 2AM

Space to add is a problen in my North trail so I have to skip it. The addon requires 5-6 inches or more where the ducts attach.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had CheapHeat installed by RVs For Less in 2012 and used it while we lived full time in the camper during the 2012-2013 season. The campground we were in northern AL didn't have us metered so using CheapHeat or floor heaters didn't matter except that CheapHeat, since it uses the existing duct work, was much better. The winter before we tried a couple of floor heaters and the fireplace but were constantly having floor drafts. Before when we used the propane furnace for extended period, we were going thru a tank about every 7-8 days which got expensive. We have just ordered a new Landmark and having CheapHeat added to it. The cost is $1495 installed. Well worth it in the long run.

Seren

Thanks for all the input. Although it seems that there are not many who have this "new" technology, those that do seems to like it. I believe that this would be something that would save money on propane and very useful for anyone that use their RV extensively and since we will be full-timing, we decided to have it installed during the PDI, so it will be ready when we pick-up our RV in approx 18 day, 02 hrs, and 54 mins, but who's counting.

Dtesh

Had the cheap heat put on at rv for less when we purchased key largo works good left the thermostat on 50 in January at badin shores . Duke power bill 148.00 , next year may winterized