ATF: Road Warrior - All Tanks

woolsack

I am dumbfounded to finally realize there is a reason why there are only 3 valve pulls on our recently acquired 2013 415RW, there are only three tanks. This is astonishing only because in no area of information that I have come across suggests anything less than 4 tanks; one black and 2 GREY up front and one black/grey combination for the rear half bath. Are 3 tanks a normal configuration with 4 being an option? Apparently the galley drains into the rear grey/black as opposed to having its own grey tank. Also, the function panel has a #2 grey tank level indicator. Does it read the level of the rear tank or is it just a "dummy"? My intention is to retrofit that forward #2 grey. Thank you.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here is the brochure for Road Warrior. I don't see anything regarding the number of tanks. Heartlands site says 2 grey and one black. My guess is the gally shares the rear tank unless the rear crapper is plumbed to the front black. A call to Heartland might clear up any confusion.

Attachments

• 2014f_rw_lit_8_page_web.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 33

ILH

Industry regulations prohibit grey and black tanks being combined.

On my 305 there are 2 grey tanks and 1 black.

danemayer

Industry regulations prohibit grey and black tanks being combined.

On my 305 there are 2 grey tanks and 1 black.
I've attached an RVIA drawing labeled "Typical" which shows the toilet and sink both draining into what's labeled a black tank.

The reverse, both draining into what's labeled a gray tank, would be a problem.

Attachments

• rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 88

ILH

Sorry - you are correct. I was thinking in terms of a combined tank being marked as "grey".

scottyb

If it has a rear 1/2 bath, it should have 4 tanks. The Cyclones have aseparate valve and discharge toward the rear.

Bigjimt03

Woolsack,

The 2014 415RW has three tanks.

MAIN TANKS UP FRONT
The Shower, Lavatory, and Washer connects to the Front Grey Tank. It is emptied by a 1-1/2 dump valve - Handle located in the UDC.
The Toilet connects to the Front Black Tank. It is emptied by a 3 inch dump valve - Handle located in the UDC.

REAR TANK
The Galley, Rear 1/2 Bath Lavatory, Rear 1/2 Bath Toilet. It is emptied by the 3 inch dump valve - Handle located inside door at rear. (by gas tank fill)
I questioned this also but was told by Heartland that it complies with ANSI and CSI RV Standards.

I tried to attach a pdf diagram that was supplied to me from Heartland. Hope it works

Attachments

• Road Warrior Sewer Layout.pdf
    411.7 KB · Views: 107

woolsack

Thanks to you to all, good information!…The diagram Bigjim supplied spells it out. I still wonder as to my initial confusion of three or four tanks on my 2013; option, omission, year model, Monday blues at the factory?! With kids I am missing the extra capacity. I will soon address a retrofit of self-leveling, six point jacks and will need to drop the undercarriage cladding. With that I will investigate installation of the that fourth tank…...

AAdams

Our 2015 RW390 has 4 tanks. 1 - black and 2 - grey up front and one "waste" in the rear... Since the only thing that goes in to it is the washer it is a grey tank.

Bigjimt03

Wolsack,

I asked Heartland about adding a 6 point leveling system to my existing system. I was told that a "Authorized Installer" must do the job to get warranty. It just so happens that the closest Installer to me is located in Texas. The place is United RV and is located in Fort Worth. Below was my answer when I asked them about the job...

"The price of install and parts will be $3,999.99 plus tax. This will give you the four point added to what you have making it a six point leveling system. It would be okay that you stay in it over night we will pull it out of the bay at the end of the business day, it will take a full day plus part of the next day a total of 10 labor hours."

Ariel Haag

Service Advisor
United RV

817-834-7141

I also inquired about installing a "Bigfoot" system. It would cost about $1,660 for a two point - two cylinder system mounted at the rear to replace the electric jacks. You would still use the existing pump for the front however another control valve and switch would have to be added for leveling the front independently. All in all, the Level Up six point system seems to be the best option being I have the front jacks and Hydraulic Pump already.

Hope this helps