Just bought my FIRST trailer

sdgirl

Hey everyone! I just purchased a 2008 Big Country 3300 RL. I have a 2003, silverado, 2500-HD, EC, LWB, 8-1 liter with an Allison. I pick up the trailer tomorrow. I'm excited and yet terrified. I have never pulled anything that big, and I will be going by myself. DH picked a great time for a business trip. I'm sure I'll be fine, after a few miles down the road, but the butterflies are churnin' now! Looking foward to getting some great tips from all of you. Thanks in Advance!

jpmorgan37

Congratulations sdgirl; Remember two things, it will follow you where ever you go and when you make a turn, make it wide and allow extra room to the side that you are turning because it will turn inside of where your Silverado turns.

Don't get in a hurry and enjoy it,

John

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Great News and Welcome

sdGirl, welcome to the Heartland Family. Just in case you are interested, we are having our 1st ever Socal Rally on February 22-23-24th in Anahiem off the 91 freeway. You can PM me or read about it under the Socal forums in the rally section. As JP said take it slow and easy,make wide turns and watch your mirrors. ALWAYS have someone help you back the coach in and make sure that they stay in your mirror. Tell them if you cant see me in the mirror, I cant see you. Remember that your coach is very tall. Watch out for low tree limbs, dont want to tear the roof. If you can come to the Rally, you will find a bunch of really helpful people that can guide you along. We have another newbe coming from San Clemente. He is also very nervous. You cant worry about doing dumb things because we all did them at first. Read the different posts on the forum and ask all the dumb questions you want. You will get great straight forward answers. Bob,Pat, and the :eek:cat

Last edited:

Paul & Nan

From a gal who has towed a lot-and preached a lot to gals about towing-go for it- you will be fine-maybe ask the dealer for some tips, and be sure he shows you how to hitch and unhitch, just in case. If possible see if you can drive around his parking area a few times and maybe back up between some lines on the lot. Those things will give you more confidence. You can do it I know. Good luck to you. nan

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Congratulations on the new trailer. Remember all of us started with the first pull! As others have said just take it slow. Trailers do not turn on a dime. The mirrors will save you a lot of trouble. And always have someone help you back-up.

Again Congratulation on the new one!

Hope to meet you on the road some day.

Ron

sdgirl

I made it !

Thanks everyone, for your encouragement. I made it home just fine. This rid IS very tall, and you certainly can fill it tugging on your, but the chucking was no where NEAR what I was afraid of. The truck did GREAT. Even after hooking up, she sat level! I was very proud of her. Got her home and parked on the curb. Tree trimmer never showed, so a neighbor helped me trim the trees and then helped me back it in. So much for the driveway, the trailer takes just about all of it! But I got it home! Not entirely a piece of cake, but not bad, all in all.